paulmbowers

Not digging the Vey's

Rang up Veys this morning with a list of parts I need in preparation for a trip next week.

I was once a parts guy (long ago) and am familiar with looking up parts, numbers etc, and I realize many of the part numbers in the fische and understand many numbers are superseded or are incorrect to begin with. Many of the parts I need may be from aftermarket- chain, sprockets, brake pads, etc and the KTM numbers are unhelpful. That's why I like to do business with someone who knows KTM and knows the parts I need, but unfortunately they are in the hot-as-hell Ramona, a 45 min each way drive. And I need them today.

But to Vey's this morning.

It's hard for me to write the subtle nuances of a pissy attitude. The words sound OK, but you know when you're obviously inconveniencing a parts person? When you say-

Me: Good morning, I have a list of parts I need for my KTM. [meaning: I have money, and I'm wanting to spend it with you]

Him: Ok hold please.

waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait

Him: Ok- so do you have part numbers?

Me: No, I'll need you to look them up.

Him: Oh...

Him: welllll, you'll have to give them to me, I can look them up and call you back later.

Me: Nevermind. Click.

Words look OK to you? Maybe- but you'd have to hear the attitude. So I'll wait for AAKTM to open.

Sorry, Veys. I tried.