Sign in to follow this  
Guest ssaint

Done Lurkin', Start Postin'

Guest ssaint

Been lurkin' here a little while and thought I would finally post.

I ride an '06 Honda XR650L...the bike has seen a lot more of Mexico than it has of San Diego county so I am looking forward to some of you guys helping me with the good places to ride around here.

I guess I would qualify myself as an advanced rider, although I have seen some posts on this site that lead me to believe that your "newbie" rides are brutal...looking forward to it!

One side note, for those of you who read Hammerin' Hammons ride write up on his trip to Ensenada, he mentioned some guys pulling up in a truck and shotting the *breeze*...that would be me and my friends. So Hammer, thanks for conversation and I'm looking forward to riding with you!

Sean

I ride an '06 Honda XR650L...the bike has seen a lot more of Mexico than it has of San Diego county so I am looking forward to some of you guys helping me with the good places to ride around here.

I guess I would qualify myself as an advanced rider, although I have seen some posts on this site that lead me to believe that your "newbie" rides are brutal...looking forward to it!

One side note, for those of you who read Hammerin' Hammons ride write up on his trip to Ensenada, he mentioned some guys pulling up in a truck and shotting the *breeze*...that would be me and my friends. So Hammer, thanks for conversation and I'm looking forward to riding with you!

Sean

welcome to the site i looking fwd to riding with you!

I think there've been a few rides that were posted as "Noobie Ride - All are welcome" meaning something like: "If you're new to the forum, come and join us!" But it hasn't necessarily meant that it was a ride suitable for a new rider's skill level. I think it was just a mistake some of us made when we were new to this internet forum thing.

Our Pres got on a few people's cases at one point for calling an exploration ride a newb ride. You just don't know what you're going to encounter on an exploration ride.

Sometimes I'm not sure what should be considered a noob ride. The county-maintained dirt roads are easy enough for someone who's been riding less than a month or two. It's hard to tell exactly where the cutoff is between beginner and intermediate or between intermediate and advanced.

And welcome to SDAR. Maybe you can join us for the BBQ or the pre-BBQ ride next Saturday.

Welcome to SDAR! ... and thanks for setting a good example to other "lurkers", because introducing yourself is what gets you involved.

Guest ssaint

I have no problem with exploration riding. If you can get two wheels there (or at least the two wheels of the BRP I ride) I can probably get there. I was suprised to hear that some of the riding around here is more difficult than I thought it was.

Mexcio has all been pretty easy, but then again you don't push it to the limit in Mexico...if you want to come home.

Are there many rides done down in Mex with the guys from this forum?

Are there many rides done down in Mex with the guys from this forum?

Welcome ssaint! :D The are several guys here that ride Mexico. Not a lot in the Local Rides sections because it's usually a couple of the SDAR and some off-site riders, but be sure to spread the word if you're looking for company! I know a couple of guys did the Santo Tomas ride this past weekend, andf I going on that same ride in August.

Looking forward to ding some local USA riding with you. Come join is this Saturday if you can for the moring ride and BBQ at carguy's :)

The BBQ will be an excellent place to get to know some of the riders. Hope to see you there, if not, see you on the trails. Ken

Welcome to another Pig rider! I'm hoping to be able to get free for at least a little while on Saturday and go to the BBQ (I can't ride this weekend) and hope to meet you/all there!