Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

West Chec 2 Day Qualifier 19-20 May 2012

Brad, I know that your Moab trip was epic, buuut, you would have loved this Gorman enduro (Brianna too). Nothing crazy and lots of flowing trails for Specials and long nice transfer sections through the park. It was more geared towards Dez racers and less for woods/tech riders(my taste). It was all fun with little challenge, unlike your Moab that was all fun and all challenge. Great moab post!!

More viddys have been popping up (not me its CRF!! but it gives you Day 1 SP3 trail views). Gorman was way too open for me, only the bonus wilderness day 2 special made the whole weekend for me. But I cant say I didn't have fun!!!

I posted a 18:47 on this special (my only class win, only 2 secs faster than the 2nd place in class, enduro is game of seconds). We rode this as a transfer in the morning and as a special later in the day. A beginner rider could have ridden most of the stuff we rode in the park.(this rider posted a 19:08)

UpDate, even after the day 2 blown shock situation, I just recieved my Silver Medal, can't believe I stayed on Silver medal time. Thanks WestChec that was a well done event.

Note: it was not really my type of riding for the most part, but was still a great adventure riding in a 2 day event (WEC style). Ive heard so many internet tales about Gorman being so epic/tough/technical......sorry Gorman, once was enough for me, its more like the quad version of the I-5 on most trails and we did the toughest stuff for the enduro.

and i did go back to do the 1 day event in oct 2013...never say never