KTMrad

HAM Radio Live Discussions

From San Diego Off Road Coalition..........don't know if this is still active, but it's up on their site, so I would hope so.

ATTENTION: HAM RADIO ENTHUSIASTS!

We would like to invite you off-roading Hams to join us on our weekly "off roaders net" 146.73, no PL needed repeater, most of the time, 107.2 is the PL, on Mt. Palomar. This net is on Tuesday night at 9:00pm (2100 hrs). The net is a directed net, but you do not need to be a member of PARC to participate. We talk about anything related to off roading, camping, wheelin, rock hounding, mines, trails, maps, GPS, new trips, trip reports, photos, rigs, equipment, safety, places to get stuff, ham radio mobil use, repeaters, antennas, fixes, repairs. This is non-denominational net (drive what you have). You can check into the net and have nothing to add, just tell the net control. Hope to meet you on the air! July 27, 2010

Dick, Ka7ayt

From San Diego Off Road Coalition..........don't know if this is still active, but it's up on their site, so I would hope so.

ATTENTION: HAM RADIO ENTHUSIASTS!

We would like to invite you off-roading Hams to join us on our weekly "off roaders net" 146.73, no PL needed repeater, most of the time, 107.2 is the PL, on Mt. Palomar. This net is on Tuesday night at 9:00pm (2100 hrs). The net is a directed net, but you do not need to be a member of PARC to participate. We talk about anything related to off roading, camping, wheelin, rock hounding, mines, trails, maps, GPS, new trips, trip reports, photos, rigs, equipment, safety, places to get stuff, ham radio mobil use, repeaters, antennas, fixes, repairs. This is non-denominational net (drive what you have). You can check into the net and have nothing to add, just tell the net control. Hope to meet you on the air! July 27, 2010

Dick, Ka7ayt

Yep, should still be active. When I was monitoring daily, I'd hear KA7AYT and a bunch of others gabbing on that net. I'm in a hole, otherwise I would have joined them. As it was, I had to take the truck to a better location, and then I could join. I've got a tower here, but still haven't put it up...one of these days. Then a yagi on top, and I should be able to hit the PARC repeaters no problem. Current info from PARC...Tuesday 2100 146.730 Off-Road Net, still hosted by KA7AYT. I might try to check in next week. Maybe have some fun and do it bike mobile!