Sign in to follow this  
iparky

First post for a thursday afternoon ride

I have been wanting to get out and ride but my friends up here in the north part of the county are soo busy, and I don't like or believe in riding alone. The trail I want to check out is off Hwy 79, it starts out as the Crosely truck trail and then onto the Cutca Valley TT. According to Google Earth it goes up to the Palomar Divide TT. If anyone interested in checking this trail out on Thursday afternoon, lets say meet at the Ralphs Parking lot by the Moble station around 1pm. Make sure to leave a post here with what you are riding so we can meet up. I am riding a 530excr KTM.

Mike

760-644-1131

cell

Let us know how it goes. My maps show gates-wilderness-ect. But they may be open--let us know.

I headed up Crosley TT all the way to the intersection with Cutca Valley TT, at the intersection is an very old sign with mileage to Cutca Valley and the "dead end at 9 miles" and the other way which is the Crosley TT showed Palomar Divide TT, dont remember the mileage, well KKUG, YUP you are correct, the Crosley TT ends at a gate with a big "NO TRESPASSING" sign and gate. So I turned around and headed up the Cutca Valley TT and decided to turn around when I went through a open gate, "no signs" and saw a guy working on something off the side and gave me a look, no that would have been a glare. So to keep the peace I turned around and headed back towards Hwy 79, but not before one more failed attempt to access the trails, there is another entrance to the Cutca Valley TT, (i think) and it is on Cleveland Forest road, but around the first corner is a gate, it was locked, but on the gate it stated something about only street legal vehicles beyond this point. I will have to make another trip to see if that gate is opened up when the snow melts and they open the trail to High Point. Time will tell, and that particular area I dont believe is Wilderness from the maps I have found, where the Crosley TT most definately heads into the Agua Tibia Wilderness.