Sign in to follow this  
TrophyHunter

MSR Boots

I ordered the Gaerne Midland but the latch mounting point dug into my foot when I flexed forward. Maybe in a less expensive boot, but not $370 worth. AtomicMoto took 'em back, no questions...just out $20 for shipping.

So I started looking around for an inexpensive boot - hopefully with a lug sole - and more protection than my street boots. I have the SG-10's for the rough stuff. The rides with my son are pretty mild and usually dirt roads with some street thrown in - ya know - Dualsport.

I found these MSR ATV boots and with the 10% AMA discount Bikebandit gives you....at the door for under $85.....deal. Read the reviews on 'em as it was helpful for me..there are another 40+ reviews on Motorcycle Superstore. I took the metal nose caps off since they just slip when I'm really looking for traction. Very comfortable out of the box...although they have a wide hinge latch mounting point that pinches a little on flex. With a boot in this price range, I'll cut the corner off the mount if it doesn't break in and soften up.

The latches are plastic but no review talked about them breaking so we'll see. For a good DS boot, which I'll use for hiking up to mines, etc., a good deal. A little shiny with the plastic wrap around but that won't last long. They're half the weight of my SG-10's, too.

....and I think Bum (& maybe Mimi too..? ) raved about the AFX - 39 so I thought I'd try the upgrade from the 37. Not even close to the same helmet. Worlds apart with much better padding, fit and cool new latch system. Still around $110.