X-country-Rider

Big Bike ride and camping trip May 5th and 6th

We should start talking about pre running some of the sections in the weekend ends to come. I want to explore Palomar Divide TT and BEE before the ride if possible.

Let me know when you're going, if I can get free I'll join you.

We should start talking about pre running some of the sections in the weekend ends to come. I want to explore Palomar Divide TT and BEE before the ride if possible.

Let me know when you're going, if I can get free I'll join you.

Sounds like we'll have a little fun group to do some exploring.

Depending on the weekend, I'd love to join up.

Would April 7th work for anyone?

Works for me...weekend before warped VIII

Would April 7th work for anyone?

I'll be out of town

Scott I'd also like to ride Rodriguez Canyon and Jasper/Culp TT to ensure they are big bike doable and just to ride them on the Tiger. Maybe we could do a separate Saturday ride?

Scott I'd also like to ride Rodriguez Canyon and Jasper/Culp TT to ensure they are big bike doable and just to ride them on the Tiger. Maybe we could do a separate Saturday ride?

Absolutely. itching to ride, hope to manage some free time soon.

Alright you bunch of heathens. 44 12oz bottles of Old Rasputin clone. Bottled.

IMAG0052-M.jpg

I'll probably have some of these along as well.

IMAG0051-M.jpg

The one on the left is a Rogue Dead Guy Ale clone, on the right is a Stone Arrogant Bastard Clone. I have had the rogue and the last batch was a big hit with everyone that tried it. It will be my first attempt at the stone clone.

By the way. The Old Rasputin tastes great even before carbonation. :drinks:

IMAG0052-M.jpg

IMAG0051-M.jpg

The one on the left is a Rogue Dead Guy Ale clone, on the right is a Stone Arrogant Bastard Clone. I have had the rogue and the last batch was a big hit with everyone that tried it. It will be my first attempt at the stone clone.

You the Man!!! Beer, Motorcycles and campfires!!

IMAG0052-M.jpg

IMAG0051-M.jpg

You the Man!!! Beer, Motorcycles and campfires!!

Thanks. Nice vid by the way. I posted over on that other site for you. Get with Blake if you want some more footage to work with. I sent him oh 5 or so DVD's with my helmet cam footage from our last ride.

Thanks. Nice vid by the way. I posted over on that other site for you. Get with Blake if you want some more footage to work with. I sent him oh 5 or so DVD's with my helmet cam footage from our last ride.

Yes Blake said he would mail me some of the copies.

We haven't discussed where we have lunch on the first or second day. The place that's makes the most sense on the route the first day is the Junction in Descanso http://descansojunction.com/. We could also do Majors in Pine Valley or up on Mt. Laguna they have the Pine House Cafe which is a pretty cool place http://www.pinehousecafe.com. I think we'll have a better chance to fit everyone in the Pine House Cafe vs The Junction. The Junction is a cool place but can get crowded. On Day two not so sure what do they have in Anza?

Pine House Cafe Mt. Laguna

DR%20007.jpg

First%20Mt.%20Laguna%20Snow%20011.jpg

DR008.jpg

The Junction Descanso

DSC00975.JPG

Craig,

Are you leading the pre-run this Saturday? I'll be joining you guys for the SYTT and Black Canyon, but I have to head back home and get back to work in the kitchen when we hit the 76.

If you guys make it to Anza, will you consider coming back down the Cooper-Cienega trail and report back on the condition of the road? That's our backup in case the Palomar Divide is in bad shape for the big bikes.

-Blake

If you guys make it to Anza, will you consider coming back down the Cooper-Cienega trail and report back on the condition of the road? That's our backup in case the Palomar Divide is in bad shape for the big bikes.

I was hoping to make that a loop coming back as well.

We can also scout Anza for a lunch break for the 6th?I know the Bravo family has a mexican place that serves beer in Anza (also one in Ramona with good grub).

http://www.yelp.com/biz/la-cocina-anza

Craig,

Are you leading the pre-run this Saturday? I'll be joining you guys for the SYTT and Black Canyon, but I have to head back home and get back to work in the kitchen when we hit the 76.

-Blake

Sounds like a plan!!

Cooper Cienega is suitable for big bikes, it is a typical fire road.

I like the 371 diner in Anza, it is my pick over all the rest.

Cooper Cienega is suitable for big bikes, it is a typical fire road.

I like the 371 diner in Anza, it is my pick over all the rest.

Have you ridden Rouse Hill Rd (Forest RD 5S15)?

If anyone wants to truck or trailer their bikes to Ramona and then ride the ride you can park them at my property in Ramona till we get back. Plenty of room...2 acres and ultra safe. You are more then welcome to do so. Of course that means a round trip ride back to Ramona before heading home.

Bummed all day I couldn't make the scouting ride today, so I decided to drown my sorrows in the Old Rasputin clone I will be bringing to the ride next month. After all someone has to see how it's doing right? I decided to take the grenade for everyone.

IMAG0059-M.jpg

The bottle to be sacrificed, er...I mean the grenade.

It's pretty dark. Just the way it should be.

IMAG0060-M.jpg

It needs a little more time to develop a little more carbonation. Rasputin is a pretty mildly carbonated beer so I don't expect a lot more. It should be right where it needs to be for the ride.

Good Coffee & Chocolate flavor upfront and in the middle, followed by a nice light alcohol on the back end.

Conclusion: I think it will be perfect in a few more weeks right in time for the ride. My wife thinks its perfect right now, but she's not much for dark beer.

I learned a few things on Saturdays scouting trip. I've decided day two is just two ambitious for a weekend ride. I also think we would get to Idyllwild way two late and think riders would probably peal off at Anza and miss the best part. Id like to propose a alternative route that i think will be funner and allow us to enjoy the ride more. After all this shouldn't be the Desert Dash. Its similar to the official route but cuts out the southern section and the Desert.

Day One

Start at Packards in Ramona at 0900

Santa Ysabel TT to Black Canyon Rd

Mesa Grande to 79

79 to Palomar TT

371 to Anza for lunch

Bautista Canyon Rd to Forest Rd 6S16 to Table Mountain TT

Table Mountain TT to Lake Hemet

Camp at Lake Hemet in group site (getting a price quote)

Day Two

Back up Table Mountain TT to Rouse Hill RD

Bee Canyon to San Jacinto TT to Idyllwild.

Lunch in Idyllwild Ca.

Idyllwild 243 to 74 to Anza.

Cooper Cienega TT to Puenta La Cruz Rd to Lost Creek Rd

79 slabbing to Santa Ysabel gas station.

Shake hands and head home hopefully not to late :)

Here's the new proposed route. Please give feedback. Is this better or worse than the posted route?

Link on Duealsportmaps.com

Lake Hemet Campground

Note: Thanks to Eddie making sure i wasn't routing to closed gates.

Note2: Can someone post this on Advrider to get feedback over there?

Sounds great, probably a good idea, I like it.

I was not looking forward to the late ride home on the first route.

This also works better for anyone that wants to "Park N Ride" (leave your truck/trailer at my place and ride) since it is a looped ride.

Info posted on Advrider