Lets try this again.....I am planning to do a Cabo Big Bike Run 2012...

I am Looking for riders who have always wanted to make the trek or one's who want to do it again, but not trash there steeds in the process.:blink:

Dates are mid April.

90% Roads with some fire roads

7 to 9 days round trip

I hope to hear from you..?

Fire Matt.

How difficult is this ride? What level of rider does this ride require? How many miles between gas stops?

How difficult is this ride? What level of rider does this ride require? How many miles between gas stops?

Roadchic, Not to jump in on Firematt;s trip but I'm sure that you would find this trek easy. The pavement in Baja is similar to the states, on a country 2 lane road with no shoulder. There is maybe one chunk where you need to be able to make 150 miles between gas stations.

If they do get in the dirt your small bike will shine.

I bet this would be a memorable trip. My only 2 cents is to carry plenty of water if you get off the pavement. For instnace take a short cut or 50 miles out to the coast. That time of year can be REALLY hot if you have a flat tire or get stuck by mechanical issues.

Mulege and south is just pure amazing.

I am going on a 3 day rip through northern baja in the morning. Can't wait. :-) DD

April 21st is the departure date..

I am in for that week. Maybe we can do a pre ride somewhere local, get to know the group members going. Let me know what you think.

I am planning on doing this on the f800gs What is everyone else riding?

Roadchick,

I feel that the bigest challange of this trip for most is just getting the time away from work and our every day resposibilities. BUT, with the exceptions of turtles, potholes, oncoming traffic, unmarked hair pin turns, fuel issues, mild dehydration, mechanical problems, flat tires, live stock and throw in all the uncertainties of Baja...It's guna be a relatively easy trip.

I know many people who have made the "Trip to the Tip" doing it the hardest way posable..... I personally perfer just doing it safe and as enjoyable as posable?

Matt~

April 21st is the departure date..

I am in for that week. Maybe we can do a pre ride somewhere local, get to know the group members going. Let me know what you think.

I am planning on doing this on the f800gs What is everyone else riding?

great idea..!

This is pretty tempting. Any of you guys doing the Baja ride with Escondido BMW this weekend?

I am doing it. Are you?

This is pretty tempting. Any of you guys doing the Baja ride with Escondido BMW this weekend?

I am doing it. Are you?

I am! I'm hoping the weather holds out.