Crazy Canadian

Canadian noob who just moved here from TN...

Something else to consider is the maintenance required. The smaller displacement European and some Japanese bikes need oil changed almost every ride and valves checked / adjusted very often. These bikes are dirt bikes with a plate. The bigger displacement bikes are normally not as maintenance intensive, but they are a little heavier. The KTM 620 and 690 are great bikes as is the Husky TE 610 / 630. Some of the guys here ride the Honda 650L, it’s a big bike but it will get you there. Pyro rides his KLR 650 everywhere but he is one of a kind I think. Crawdaddy has his little Yamaha 250 as his adventure bike, but it might be a bit underpowered for sand. Lots of bikes to chose from. I’d suggest bringing out your DRZ and riding it for a while, give yourself some time before you decide.

I was hoping to get the DRZ out here but... Offer from buddy to buy DRZ + cost of shipping + end of year sales = Good time to buy KTM. The DRZ got left at the last minute as it wouldn't fit and I never expected shipping to be so much. Anyhow a buddy who wrecked his bike recently has made me a good offer and that money plus what it would cost me to ship it is nearly the cost of the KTM I want... If you squint really hard at the numbers that is!

I was hoping to get the DRZ out here but... Offer from buddy to buy DRZ + cost of shipping + end of year sales = Good time to buy KTM. The DRZ got left at the last minute as it wouldn't fit and I never expected shipping to be so much. Anyhow a buddy who wrecked his bike recently has made me a good offer and that money plus what it would cost me to ship it is nearly the cost of the KTM I want... If you squint really hard at the numbers that is!

Well you can't go to wrong by drinking orange kool-aid. They make some great bikes. Heck if you want a big bike the performs great buy my KTM990 Adventure. Poor thing nevers gets rode now a days.

Well you can't go to wrong by drinking orange kool-aid. They make some great bikes. Heck if you want a big bike the performs great buy my KTM990 Adventure. Poor thing nevers gets rode now a days.

How much? Do you have it posted anywhere?

How much? Do you have it posted anywhere?

No I don't have it posted any where right now.