Sign in to follow this  
Joliet

5-8 North County ride

I met up with Rocafellaranger at the Park and Ride at 11:30. XR650lbum was nowhere to be seen so we hit the trails. The trails were excellent but the heat was kicking my ass so he was kind enough to keep it short. You would think I would have the sense not to ride technical stuff when it is this hot. 3 liters of water and a liter of Gatoraid later I am starting to feel normal again. There was some great views we could see Catalina island, San Clemente island, Palomar, Big Bear. I had seen the pre-ride pics from last Sundays ride so I kind of knew what to expect.

There were places that were pretty challenging, like the hill that goes past the green tank :rtfm: .

Rocafellaranger even with a bald rear tire did great on the hills. I think he took a couple of pics, I hope they come out. Great ride I hope to ride with you again soon(when its cooler). :o Ken

hhmmm, that sounds like a place that's real close to where I live. At least the east end of it. Seems to me that I used to ride that area back in the eighties and managed to flip my jeep upside down there in 2002. :rtfm: