Sign in to follow this  
mjlang

Corral Canyon Trails

I was riding at Corral Canyon today and met the Ranger who is in charge of the Off-highway Vehicle Program from the Descanso Ranger District, his name is Richard Tull. He is trying to get the remaining trails and areas opened up as quickly as possible and thinks this is also an opportunity to expand our riding trails. Yes, that's right EXPAND our trails. He is a rider and off-roader, HE GETS IT.

So, what's the catch you ask? He wants to get more folks involved from the local area. This includes all of the off-road passions. (bikes, quads, Jeeps, Mountain Bikes etc.) Richard indicated that the biggest threat to our riding area is not necessarily the non-access people but the apathy and disorganization of the off-road community.

Richard is looking in to setting up a 501c corporation (The Friends of Corral Canyon) to ensure a stewardship of the area is created and maintained by the off-road community to ensure access for everyone. At the end of this, I'll add Richard's contact info. He wants all those who want to get involved, hopefully that's all of us, to send him an email so he can at least begin email communications. He wants to start a newsletter and go on from there. Much of this work is on his own time because I really believe he cares about keeping the access open for all of us.

Send Richard an email and indicate you're interest to help our riding areas open or at least come to public meetings, what every you can do.

Richard Tull

Off-Highway Vehicle Program Manager

Descanso Ranger District

3348 Alpine Blvd.

Alpine, CA 91901

(619) 445.6235

(619) 445.1753

rtull@fs.fed.us

Hey Morgan!

We've been in contact with him before, so this is more good news. SDAR has adopted Kernan Cycle Trail so when we have a volunteer day I hope you can join us.

(mods move this thread to Enviro/Land use...)