Sign in to follow this  
eddie

Big Bear Rally

Sorry for the late notice, but...

This weekend is the BMW Owners Club of San Diego and South Coast BMW Riders Annual Big Bear Rally

http://bmwocsd.org/bbr/

Registration is limited to the first 250 people – Register early!

Rally opens Friday, August 19th, 9:00 a.m. – No early arrivals!

No Loud Pipes—Stealth Mode encouraged!

Your Rally Fee Includes:

Two nights of camping • On-site Hot Showers •

Saturday & Sunday Breakfast •

Entertainment on Saturday night •

Chance to win Rally Prizes • Great coffee and more!

Friday & Saturday lunch / dinner available for an additional fee.

Things to do: Dual-Sport Rides • Scenic Ride • Tech Sessions • 50/50 Raffle and more!

THREE ways are provided to enjoy great dirt roads and trails while at the Big Bear Rally:

1. Grab a Buddy & Go:

For experienced dirt riders, who are comfortable exploring on their own, there are many

readily accessible routes. On Saturday morning, Rally staff can provide information and

maps which may help. It would be wise to check with the rangers at the Visitor Center as

to road/trail closures. Get a buddy or buddies and head out on your own, and share your

experiences at the end of the day!

2. Group Up With a Ride Leader:

For experienced dirt riders, on Saturday, August 20, volunteers will be leading rides of

varying lengths and difficulties. We will have 4 group leaders, which will mean more

variety and smaller-sized riding groups than we've had in the past. [Note: These rides

are for riders who are experienced riding dirt, are comfortable being out in remote

areas, and are fully prepared to be self-sufficient. Leaders are not providing instruction,

supplies or equipment; they are merely leading the way.]

3. Learn To Ride Dirt:

For all riders, including inexperienced or lesser experienced dirt riders, who would like to

develop or improve their skills, we have arranged with the operators of the "Coach2ride"

training program to be at the Rally. The operators, Bonnie and Andrea, have loads of dirt

riding and instructing experience. (See their website at www.Coach2ride.com.) On

Saturday, August 20, they will take those interested aside for an approximately 2-hour

clinic, followed by a guided trail ride. We ask that you be prepared to make a $40

contribution to these instructors, to cover their costs associated with coming to the

Rally and providing this training. (Limited to the first 12 participants to sign up.)

If you're in the mood for a weekend getaway, come on out.

Eddie F.

I will be there and I think dsfox might be going as well. Looking forward to it.

I will be there and I think dsfox might be going as well. Looking forward to it.

I will definitely be there.

Dsc05602sm.jpg

Don't want to miss the drawing...

Yes, I will be there....probably arriving early friday...hope to get in some riding that day.

Yes, I will be there....probably arriving early friday...hope to get in some riding that day.

I'll be there early and riding. I got suckered into leading one of the rides - which always makes me shake my head with wonder - and scouted out most of my route last Thursday. BUT... knowing more of the area never hurts.

Details on food:

Breakfast on both Saturday and Sunday mornings, along with

Happy Hour snacks & appetizers are included in your rally fee.

Friday and Saturday dinners are available for purchase at

registration.

Friday dinner must be purchased by 3:30 PM on Friday

Saturday dinner must be purchased by 6 PM on Friday

I'll be there around lunch time on Friday (thought I'd get out of it, but I have to drive

cheerleaders to cheer camp in San Juan Capistrano... then drive back home and switch

to the bike for the ride up to Big Bear). Family will be up at the cabin in Moonridge, so

I'm staying with them instead of camping -- but planning to spend full time other than

sleeping at the rally.