Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crusty

motto-surf trip Northern Baja 3-5' leaving 7-7-2012

Guest Crusty

SOUTH PACIFIC SWELL/SURF ACTIVITY: Moderate storm activity in the past week has set up a series of fun size Southern Hemi SSW swells over the course of the next week and likely beyond, with the next few days looking pretty similar in size.

New SSW swell (210-190 deg) gradually builds Tuesday and continues Wed/Thur with sets in the 3-4' zone for well exposed spots. Standout breaks see occasional sets to head high. Another, similar size pulse of SSW swell (205-190 deg) show over the 12th-16th+ with 3-4-5' surf for well exposed breaks. The 14th-15th will likely be the peak of this pulse with occasional sets running a bit overhead at standout SSW exposed spots. Stay posted for updates as we continue to track this approaching swell through the Pacific.

Beyond that, we're watching for even more SW and S swell to line up for the 17th-19th, which will likely be in roughly the same size class as the above swells (and possibly a little better). Stay tuned, we'll have more details on this once we see the storms develop in the next couple days.

Pics of other trips.

My link

DSCF0322.jpg

I bounce between San Diego & Tijuana. Let me know if you cross, so I can meet and greet.

I just started riding my XR after 2 years of storage...

let me know,

thanks

Guest Crusty

I bounce between San Diego & Tijuana. Let me know if you cross, so I can meet and greet.

I just started riding my XR after 2 years of storage...

let me know,

thanks

Great, we will.

Craig.

Guest Crusty

A good window for this trip is on the way here.

The first part of this SSW swell (200-210) will be very long period (18-22"+) and will initially start to build over the afternoon on Wednesday (a little sooner for southern areas), with much more size on Thursday and into Friday. While this storm wasn't ideally aimed at Baja Norte (better aimed at Central America), it was large enough and strong enough that we'll still see plenty of surf from it. Probably a little lully at times, but good size sets and a fairly solid number of waves per set when they do arrive. Look for head high+ surf at most breaks with any exposure on Thurs/Fri/Sat (strongest Friday into Saturday morning). Good summer spots will be a couple to a few feet overhead, while standout spots produce sets up to double overhead during the peak of the swell and better tides. Then expect a slow/gradual fading trend through the weekend and the first half of next week.

Guest Crusty

Leaving for Rosarito from Carlsbad Saturday at around 11:00 am.Staying in Baja till I get surfed out on Sunday! SATURDAY 07/07

Saturday and Sunday...FAIR_ GOODSURF:3-4 ft +waist to shoulder high occ. 5 fLong period SW swell continues

TROPICAL SWELL/SURF ACTIVITY: Tropical Depression 4e has formed today, roughly 500 mils south-southeast of Cabo. TD 4e is expected to slowly strengthen over the next couple days and should move into the Baja Nort swell window sometime later on Thursday.

New and much more westerly SW (215-225) swell will move in be strongest for the weekend (with a gradual building trend of long period forerunners on Friday and an easing trend on Monday). Look for chest-shoulder high surf over the weekend at exposed spots, with head high and some larger waves at standouts. Those waves then back down through next week

RosaritoHarleyrun009.jpg

Baaajaaa Fresh

Cool beans man, glad someone is getting some juice in baja still. Id be up for a surf trip off the bike. I'll need to craft a rack system.

I've got a well sorted Husky TE610, spares and lotta gas. Used to surf down that way, but it's been a while. I've gone down as far as scorpion bay.

Looks like we might get a good Huri season this year..

Hurricane Fabio is slowly making its way North up the BC as we type.

RosaritoHarleyrun009.jpg

Hey Craig, your surfboard sticks out almost as far as those Harley Exhaust pipes ! :lol: