SICVIC

Epic "ALL IN" ride @ Corral

Ready to ride at 0800 or are we meeting at 0800?

We got a guy on the other side so we should try to be moving by no later than 0815...the later we are; the more heat we endure.

The lowest point of kernan. First time it intersects the paved road on the way in.

One thing to note... I think I saw mention of a 16 mph average. Not that I have recorded my average speed but that seems quite high for these trails. Probably good to have a comfortable pace in order to last a long time. Just a thought.

Totally agree... 16 miles an hour average is being quite optimistic (in my humble opinion) for the trails listed... most of trail 1, trail 2, and spur; parts of 4 and 11 and some of 6... I don't see averaging anything close to that on 3, 5, 7, 8 or 9

either way- you guys have an epic ride- craig and vic have my contact info should you need emergency help (I know a pilot)

One thing to note... I think I saw mention of a 16 mph average. Not that I have recorded my average speed but that seems quite high for these trails. Probably good to have a comfortable pace in order to last a long time. Just a thought.

This is one of the points that makes this an epic ride! Obtaining that time and average will be no problem for a rider who rides trails 3 3A 5 7 8 9. They go hand in hand.

I posted these numbers and organized this ride for those who want to challenge themselves. It's not going to be a walk in the park but the key to a higher avg is not speed but more so by constant moving.

I hope that I don't sound like a ride Troll and I do appreciate your input. I just don't want to underplay the reality of this ride.

Thank you again

The lowest point of kernan. First time it intersects the paved road on the way in.

Got it. Eyes will be open for ya.

Does anyone actually know what a fast average , a slow average and an unobtainable average would be?

I sure do not!

Does anyone actually know what a fast average , a slow average and an unobtainable average would be?

I sure do not!

I attempted to do so in my post... from Pine Valley to Kernan, you could average 30+ I would think...

I would think 12 or so for the black diamond trails, except 3A and 7 which might be slower...

maybe 16 will work factoring all the rest in... vic obviously took some time to plan this, and he rode with sneeker and me (but not 3A, 5 or 7)... I think we were at 12 mph average or so, but that did include some chatting, some crashing and some BS'ing

Have a great ride guys

This has grown over the past several hours!

I'm getting input from several directions and I'll try to bring some clarity one last time.

This is NOT an easy ride for several reasons: heat, for some; distance (75) miles, difficulty, speed.

I am new to SDAR but really enjoy what this site has to offer.

I'm aware of commonplace rider etiquette and just flat out have respect for people in general.

Waiting for riders at turns, ensuring all are accounted for, helping downed riders and so on.

This site covers a wide range of skill levels and allows us to post many different types of rides so that everyone has something.

Flat out:

THIS WILL NOT BE AN EASY RIDE.

You know what your limits are and if this sounds beyond them then I suggest another ride another day.

I'm sure I'm offending someone somewhere right now and for that; I'm sorry.

I've laid it out right from the first post.

I encourage all, but someone who is not up to the task will only hinder the enjoyment and personal challenges set by others in the group.

Waiting extended periods for others, (extreme) not completing designated routes or worst case: injury because someone is riding over their ability. None of which is a positive experience.

In summery, this is posted as a ride requiring a higher skill set, able to maintain a set pace, and a fixed distance.

For those of you who I miss on this ride I hope to catch you again in the future.

See whomever else in the morning.

Regards

Guys the riding gods are not shining on me was loading up my bike and battery is

Completely dead, no battery charger bailing out of this one.

Have a fun and safe ride!

Guys the riding gods are not shining on me was loading up my bike and battery is

Completely dead, no battery charger bailing out of this one.

Have a fun and safe ride!

Good morning Mr Licious.

Doing one last check today to verify who's in.

Better the mechanical beast gets you before a ride than during! That's my motto anyways.

Thanks for letting us know your status.

Please keep me in mind for any future rides.

SicVic

Guest Crusty

I am here in Pine Vally, It's nice and sunny.

See you all soon.

Craig.

Follow SicVic's epic ride.

My link

That is pretty cool, we were all over the place out there.