XTSTEVE

Palomar Mtn. Ride Sun. 4-15-2007

Hi Guys,

Myself and a couple of N. County guys want to ride Palomar Mtn. this Sunday but I don't have a GPS or a good map.

First, anyone want to go who know's the route?

Second, anyone have a map of the route?

XTSTEVE

PS. Just joking about the Tour Guide we really need a Bail Bondsman :)

the three main dirt sections are:

nate harrison grade - north west side from pauma valley to palomar campground.

oak grove truck trail - access near 79 and 371 junction south of 79

palomar divide truck trail - warner springs side and connects to oak grove truck trail at high point.

all three roads are mild fire roads but scenic and fun.

too much fun, i may have to go along.

get a san diego COUNTY map from AAA, it has a surprising # of dirt roads on it.

the three main dirt sections are:

nate harrison grade - north west side from pauma valley to palomar campground.

oak grove truck trail - access near 74 and 371 junction south of 74

palomar divide truck trail - warner springs side and connects to oak grove truck trail at high point.

all three roads are mild fire roads but scenic and fun.

too much fun, i may have to go along.

get a san diego COUNTY map from AAA, it has a surprising # of dirt roads on it.

Hi Chris,

Would love to have you come along. Thanks for the info. Let me know if you want to go too!!!

[.

]

74 or 79?

I might join in on this for at least a bit.

Not to hijack your thread but since no specific route has been set, I've been looking into exploring some of the trails in the Deluz area, ride out to Wildomar OHV park. If anyone is interested in exploring this, or already knows the area, let me know. Otherwise, I'll probably tag along.

Wayne

Oh yea: SHUT UP AND RIDE!

[.

]

74 or 79?

I might join in on this for at least a bit.

Not to hijack your thread but since no specific route has been set, I've been looking into exploring some of the trails in the Deluz area, ride out to Wildomar OHV park. If anyone is interested in exploring this, or already knows the area, let me know. Otherwise, I'll probably tag along.

Wayne

Oh yea: SHUT UP AND RIDE!

Hi Wayne and everyone!!

I wish I had the maps so I could arrange a proper ride ( I will be better equipped shortly). If anyone has a specific route for Palomar Mtn., lets get it together, meet at 9:00am on Sun. and do it.

XTSTEVE

I would like to join in on this ride do we have a map or tour guide, 1st round on me like usual if this ride goes by the hideout. :):)

I would like to join in on this ride do we have a map or tour guide, 1st round on me like usual if this ride goes by the hideout. :):)

Hi Schwinn,

I have taken my HD to the hideaway many time and love it. I'm still working on the route or am open to comments.

XTSTEVE

If I get my bike together in time I would like to join you. I can't help with the route, I havn't rode anything west of the 79. As long as UPS delivers my forks tomorrow, Pro-Prept rebuilds them the same day, I can pick them up Friday and get it put together for a short shakedown run on Saturday and the ride on Sunday.

What could possibly go wrong with a plan like that. :):)B) Ken

for accuracy sake, the access to high point truck trail to palomar mountain's back side is near hwy 79 and its junction with 371. south of hwy 79.

palomar mtn sounds good. i work at oak grove and can show y'all some good roads. where are you planning on starting from? it is actually high point tt from 371/79. can go up and over to indian flats plc tt, many options...

Hi Guys,

I will post the final plans for the Sunday ride tonight. Summary: Start in Ramona @ 10:00am, ride the Oak Grove and Palomar Truck Trails.

XTSTEVE

Im in now,

ramona? cool...

black canyon to start to get to palomar? <_<

I can't make it this trip, my forks won't be done in time. Next time. Ken

I can't make it this trip, my forks won't be done in time. Next time. Ken

Next time.

XTSTEVE

XTSTEVE, others,

as a suggestion#1, we can add more dirt by taking Lost Valley Rd at Warner Springs, it turns in to Puerta La Cruz Truck Trail and goes to Cahuilla/371 (lunch?), 371 to Aguanga and Palomar Divide. This will add about 2 hours to our ride.

As a suggestion#2, we can comlete XTSTEVE's route and take 371 from Aguanga (lunch in Cahuilla), take 5S15 (Thomas Mountain Rd) off 74 to Hemet. I have not done this but I know it will take all day and 15 back home in a dark. <_<

papa ;)

I'm in. I should be able to get to Ramona in time but I am coming straight from work...

Sounds like a good ride, I'll see you all there.

I'm in. I should be able to get to Ramona in time but I am coming straight from work...

Sounds like a good ride, I'll see you all there.

Go Greg!!!!

I'm curious how this ride went. Did you guys end up on pavement much? I'd like to try this area but I have a DRZ that's geared a little low and has Dunlop 606s -- a less-than-ideal street combo.

Zina

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I'm curious how this ride went. Did you guys end up on pavement much? I'd like to try this area but I have a DRZ that's geared a little low and has Dunlop 606s -- a less-than-ideal street combo.

Zina

Some pavement, as long as you could do 60MPH. you will be alright. In my opinion you are riding a great tire and bike for most all of SDARs rides. I switched from the 606 to a non DOT. 952 for steep rocky technical rides but miss the 606 for long wear.The ride posted today meeting in Ramona would be a great easy ride for you. :D