Sign in to follow this  
KTMrad

AMA Get Out & Ride Smart Week

April 25, 2011

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

AMA Get Out and Ride Smart! Week highlights rider skill and safety

PICKERINGTON, Ohio -- The final week of the American Motorcyclist Association's Get Out And Ride! Month -- AMA Get Out and Ride Smart! Week, April 25-30 -- promotes rider training and the use of appropriate riding gear to help ensure that every ride is enjoyable and safe.

"No other community of recreationists puts more emphasis on proper training and appropriate apparel than motorcyclists," said AMA President and CEO Rob Dingman. "From individual riders to local and national clubs to the manufacturers and aftermarket, we are a close-knit community that sincerely cares about its own."

Throughout AMA Get Out and Ride Smart! Week, the AMA be showcasing member stories on AmericanMotorcyclist.com > GetOutAndRide, a dedicated AMA Get Out And Ride! Facebook page and a Twitter feed, @GetOutNRide.

Many are also submitting stories, photos and videos, with a weekly winner selected for the best submission. The prize for the best story during AMA Get Out and Ride Smart! Week is a Tourmaster apparel gift certificate worth $200.

Motorcyclists have eagerly responded.

Franco Zacco wrote on the AMA Facebook page, "I'm taking a refresher [from] the MSF. I'm also picking up some back armor to upgrade my leather jacket."

"All my gear has armor, even my summer mesh vest," said Nick Nicholson. "I'm also a Rider's Edge guy [and] would love to start a class for parents and grandparents to take their kids on the back in a riding class."

Barb Detmer Johnson wrote that she is spending time in an empty parking lot doing circles, figure-eights, panic stops, swerves and quick stops. "My annual practice day saved [me] two years ago when a Suburban merged into my lane as I was passing him."

And from Ron Lieback: "When I started riding I could have initially bought a better exhaust for my first bike, but my father insisted on spending the cash on the best helmet and leather possible... the old man's advice, along with my almost religious studying of anything moto-journalism, kept safety gear a must for any type of ride."

AMA Get Out and Ride Smart! Week is one of four weekly themes highlighted throughout April during AMA Get Out And Ride! Month. The virtual campaign spotlights AMA members and motorcyclists everywhere doing what they love to do: ride!

Watch for daily updates on AmericanMotorcyclist.com > Riding > GetOutAndRide, a dedicated AMA Get Out And Ride! Facebook page and a Twitter feed, @GetOutNRide.