Sign in to follow this  
KTMrad

Our Second Ride was a Success

The turnout wasn't as good as last year, but it seems everyone had a good time.

Guest Jon Church

Awesome ride Randy. The six of us that rode together had an incredible time. For those of you that did'nt make it, you missed one great ride. Can't wait till next year. Thanks again.

Guest Jon Church

Awesome ride Randy. The six of us that rode together had an incredible time. For those of you that did'nt make it, you missed one great ride. Can't wait till next year. Thanks again.

Guest SimpkiXR

The Ride was great. 300 miles in two days, we ran every inch of it, went home tired and have not stopped talking about it. Good course selection, too. We saw a lot of everything, very quickly....and thanks a lot for the KTM T-shirt, it got all that extra grease off the chain of my XR! B) Thanks again boys! Do we have to wait 'till next year?-mike

Guest SimpkiXR

The Ride was great. 300 miles in two days, we ran every inch of it, went home tired and have not stopped talking about it. Good course selection, too. We saw a lot of everything, very quickly....and thanks a lot for the KTM T-shirt, it got all that extra grease off the chain of my XR! B) Thanks again boys! Do we have to wait 'till next year?-mike

Guest Lorrac Craig II/Baja Designs

Randy and crew,Thank you for the great ride!!!! It was an awesome course with a wide variety of terrain. Great job on the layout and mileages. I can't wait for the next one!!!!Kudos to the cooks as well for a great meal!!! Let me know if you have other rides planned!!! Sorry I missed the raffle.

Guest Mark KLR Pilot

Randy, I know we, My 2 friends and I (1 for 2 days and 1 for sunday only), crashed your ride and am very appreciative that you understood we were tuning up for the Copper Cyn in Mexico just 2 weeks later. I want you to know that was a very amazing organized ride and although I was skeptical at first about the whole thing I think you did an amazing job in all aspects. This includes course layout, ride difficulty and duration and least but nut last was the awesome food.I would like to sign up for your next ride for sure.Just alittle note about the copper cyn ride. 3 bikes 2003 xl 650- 2001 xr 650 and 2002 klr 650 all had mechanical issues on the ride. varied from blown countersrocket oil seal on xr with klr doing 42 mile retrieve tow at night on 4x4 roads. xl losing the happy trail luggage sytem until we had a welder beef her up, all wasted afew days later in ahigh speed road crash (another story). The KlR subframe gave it up and broke off 5 miles outside of Heermosillo at 11pm at night. The KLR made the ride home the other 2 bikes came home in back of a rental truck from Hermosillo. I will post more later.Markm.story@cox.net

I appologize for being one of those that didn't show up this year. I had numerous issues that kept me away but the big one is....I don't have any riding partners that will do a two day event and that's all anyone does these days.I won't ride alone. I know the dangers in doing that. Next year I will find out either here or in TT if anyone wouldn't mind an add on to their group.See everyone next year!Bob

There's always someone on the ride you can ask to ride with, most people don't mind someone joining them. You could always ride with the sweep crew also.Thanks, hope you make it next time,Randy

So when is sign ups for next years Dash ? Last time I rode that area was over 10 yrs ago and I woke up on day two of our adventure with alcohol poisoning :ph34r: Count me in!!!!!!!!!!

The 3rd annual desert dash was February 25th and 26th, 2006. All the write ups got deleted in the website crash.