SocalCPA

Anyone bike biking tomorrow?

If anyone is interested in getting the bike bikes dirty, let me know. Just installed a new exhaust, new springs, and aux tank, so I want to break them in.

Um, that was supposed to be BIG bikes.

My friend with an R1200GS and I (F800GS) were thinking about trying to find that De Luz truck trail route that the Escondido BMW dealer organized a month or so ago. Early departure from the RP/RB area, around 7am. Text me at 858-337-7277 if interested. Of course, I've never been there so it could be a complete fail. ;-) But any morning on a ride can't be all bad...

Kevin

Um, that was supposed to be BIG bikes.

My friend with an R1200GS and I (F800GS) were thinking about trying to find that De Luz truck trail route that the Escondido BMW dealer organized a month or so ago. Early departure from the RP/RB area, around 7am. Text me at 858-337-7277 if interested. Of course, I've never been there so it could be a complete fail. ;-) But any morning on a ride can't be all bad...

Kevin

Got a GPS track? I could load it on my GPS. I was up that way once, I am not sure I could find the route though.

Hopefully you guys checked your email before you leave.

I play on Deluz often.

Some tips to successful navigation:

Misson road thru Fallbrook, then turn left on DeLuz road before Main St. Halfway down the hill(1 mile or so) bear left on DeLuz(Not Sandia Rd). Enjoy the next 8 miles or so of twisty 2 lane paved. At yield sign, bear left(stay on DeLuz, not Deluz Murrietta). After 1/2 mile the road will turn to sand. After 1/2 mile at intersection(big tree, ya can't miss it) bear left off main dirt road. Ignore trespassing signs. Enjoy Deluz for next 17 miles or so. At pavement, go 1 mile, then turn left onto Cleveland National Forest rd. Enjoy twisty primitive paved road. Stop at Wildemar OHV area and play at mile 12. Continue on paved road until it crosses onto Killon tr and follow it to Ortega Hwy. Eat at Lookout overlooking Lake Elsinore. On return trip before OHV area and after Killon tr, look for road to left - sign says rough road ahead. Enjoy. Sta on La Cresta road and keep going towards Tenaja Truck Trail. When pavement ends, bear left(you will know you went the wrong way when the road ends at a big fence. backtrack and get back on Tenaja TT). As you near trailer trash park(you'll know it, bear rt at school bus. If you go straight, road will dead end and you will be surrounded by dogs(no, really). Enjoy the views of Tenaja, back on Deluz and back into Fallbrook.

Have fun!

I play on Deluz often.

Misson road thru Fallbrook, then turn left on DeLuz road before Main St. Halfway down the hill(1 mile or so) bear left on DeLuz(Not Sandia Rd). Enjoy the next 8 miles or so of twisty 2 lane paved. At yield sign, bear left(stay on DeLuz, not Deluz Murrietta). After 1/2 mile the road will turn to sand. After 1/2 mile at intersection(big tree, ya can't miss it) bear left off main dirt road. Ignore trespassing signs. Enjoy Deluz for next 17 miles or so. At pavement, go 1 mile, then turn left onto Cleveland National Forest rd. Enjoy twisty primitive paved road. Stop at Wildemar OHV area and play at mile 12. Continue on paved road until it crosses onto Killon tr and follow it to Ortega Hwy. Eat at Lookout overlooking Lake Elsinore. On return trip before OHV area and after Killon tr, look for road to left - sign says rough road ahead. Enjoy. Sta on La Cresta road and keep going towards Tenaja Truck Trail. When pavement ends, bear left(you will know you went the wrong way when the road ends at a big fence. backtrack and get back on Tenaja TT). As you near trailer trash park(you'll know it, bear rt at school bus. If you go straight, road will dead end and you will be surrounded by dogs(no, really). Enjoy the views of Tenaja, back on Deluz and back into Fallbrook.

Have fun!

Thanks Jimbob, the ride didn't happen but I think I will follow your instructions and make myself a GPS track.

Once I get the results back from MRI(not bike related injury) on Tues, I should be a)cleared for riding b)prepped for knee surgery. More on that later.

If A - then why not just make plans to go riding!

I was on the BMW Escondido GS ride through De Luz and recorded the GPS track. If you guys don't mind a KTM tagging along, I'd like to ride it again.

I play on Deluz often.

Have fun!

Thanks much for posting that route, I've messed around on DeLuz but haven't made it out to Wildomar yet. It's on the calendar, somewhat.