Rusty

2011 DR-Z 400S

The salesman at I-10 Motorsports said that the 2011 DRZ400's would have an aluminum frame and EFI (like on the new 450 dirt bike). Can anyone else verify this? I've searched the internet and haven't found any clue of the salesman's source.

I'm looking to buy a new dual sport--Probably a DRZ 400 or some flavor of used KTM. I don't want to pull the trigger and find that I just purchased yesterday's technology.

Any idea when the new models are officially announced?

Thanks,

Rusty

I'll believe it when I see it... also, not sure that will help the pig factor of the current DRZ, and will still require a re-map, more cc's and airbox mods to get decent horsies from it

they'd be better off making the RMZ correctly as a street legal trail bike...add a six speed of course

You know if you buy a used bike, that you already HAVE old technology, but lots of people ride ANCIENT technology (no names, but it rhymes with Senozan) and have a great time on it... don't think you need the latest greatest... the newest bike in my garage is a 2005

A used bike has already depreciated... ride it for a year, and sell it for more or less the same price you paid for it

New models usually become official in the September time frae... just in time for the I.M.S. tour.

for the cost of a used DRZ and building your own motor you can go much less than new.