Sign in to follow this  
carguy

Basic Rider course, Dirtbike School

As we move into the 2007th year I have noticed many a new rider join to ride. Some have been riding for years mostly dirt, some mostly street.

Many a rider rode for years and had a gap for family or other reasons.

You are never too old to learn. When I bought my new bike I decieded to take a BRC (Basic Rider Course) to freshen up on laws and such. You can teach old dogs new tricks. I was impressed with the content of the class and the hands on riding course.

I strongly recommend all of our new riders and experienced ones as well concider the Motorcycle Safety Foundation training classes

Since we ride Dual Sport (Dirt/Street) both classes should be considered. The more knowledge you have the better you can be.

Your RiderCoaches are certified by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation. They'll start you off with straight-line riding, turning, shifting and stopping. You'll gradually progress to cornering, swerving and emergency braking. In the classroom you'll learn about the different types of motorcycles, their controls, and how they operate. The RiderCoaches, all experienced motorcyclists, will advise you on what to wear for comfort and protection. You'll find out how alcohol and other drugs affect your ability to ride safely. A very important segment of the course will show you how to create your own strategy for riding in traffic, and dealing with critical situations. The course concludes with a knowledge test and skill evaluation. You'll smile with satisfaction as the RiderCoach hands you the course completion card.

Basic stuff, but the RiderCoaches enjoy what they do and do it well. You will learn.

Taking the courses will qualify you for discounts on insurance, It is mandatory to ride on base for our military riders. You will not have to take the driving test for a motorcycle license if completed and some bike manufactures will give money back to take the class(Honda gave me $75)

You can't lose. Here is a link, <_<

MSF rider courses