Sign in to follow this  
Klrscumbag

Nissan dosen't want to "take it in the a**" like Toyota;

Well, well, well. I see Nissan has finally gotten around to admiting there is a problem with their fuel sending units: Nissan recalls nearly 540,000 vehicles worldwide - Yahoo! News

Must be scared of the negative publicity that Toyota is getting and finally listening to their customer complaints. Of coarse, this is after I already replaced mine myself after trying to get it done under warranty. I worked my way from the local dealership all the way to the President of Nissan USA Carlos Ghosn to have this replaced under warranty since so many people were having the same problem (sound familiar Kawasaki/Dohicky). After telling me politely to go f*ck myself I wrote to the BBB and state attorney general. They both told me it had to be "life threatening" in order for them to do an investigation. So I bought the part myself, changed it out and saved $400. And then the Toyota negative pr happens and Nissan starts listening to its complaints. I think when I get the recall I will take it in anyway so they can replace it a 2nd time :lol: . BTW, if you ever heard of that retail phrase: a customer with a good experience will tell one other person, a customer with a bad experience will tell ten other people; I'm the customer that intends to tell 100 other people :o

as a victim of the dooohickey failure, I know where you are coming from... I sat in with a band last week, and find out one of the guys rides a KLR; so that comes up in the discussion... he says "I think it is not a real issue for the most part"... which is a great way to look at it... until you have it fail, and your $3000 bike is a $500 bike.

Kawasaki does NOT want to do a recall on a mike with so little margin, so they cross their fingers and hold their breath... Eagle Mike to the rescue (not for me... for everybody else)

Since they have stepped up and done a real recall (more like they were forced to) - there should be a provision

to pay back customers that have already paid to have the repair done. Since you did the job yourself, I doubt they

will pay for your labor. You should be able to recoup the cost of the part. When you get your recall paperwork, there

will be info on this.