im riding out to OW this sunday to meet with family and wanted to pass the dreaded stretch of pavement past borrego is their a main trail that will go from borrego area to the ranger station or even behind blowsands?

Once you get out past the airport at Borrego Springs, you can drop into San Felipe wash, it will take you all the way past the back of Blow Sand Hill and under the 78 Highway just west of the Blu Inn. If you are on a dual sport bike that is. Ken

o nice i didnt know san felipe went that way. yea i will be on my dualsport, is there a clear sign marking it?

o nice i didnt know san felipe went that way. yea i will be on my dualsport, is there a clear sign marking it?

It is not well marked the way I go . I usually go in by the dump. If you have a GPS I could come up with a track. All the washes in the area should run into San Felipe, as long as you keep going down hill, I don't see how you can go wrong. There is a wash the highway goes over after you make the 90 degree turn past the Borrego Springs airport. That wash is probably marked San Felipe. but I haven't gone that way before.

It is not well marked the way I go . I usually go in by the dump. If you have a GPS I could come up with a track. All the washes in the area should run into San Felipe, as long as you keep going down hill, I don't see how you can go wrong. There is a wash the highway goes over after you make the 90 degree turn past the Borrego Springs airport. That wash is probably marked San Felipe. but I haven't gone that way before.

You might want to try this track. As Ken say it starts from the dump and goes to Blowsands.

yea i was looking at google earth and i remember riding out by the dump awhile ago, i think they closed it off since then but i saw that all the washes/ trails seem to run into san felipe, i will try it thanks.

yea i was looking at google earth and i remember riding out by the dump awhile ago, i think they closed it off since then but i saw that all the washes/ trails seem to run into san felipe, i will try it thanks.

Argmister, I wanted to attach a track that goes from Dump Road to Blow Sand using Borrego Sink Wash and San Felipe. It is thru the desert park so you will need to street legal. Unfortuately it is now uploading. Check PM.