Sign in to follow this  
Dirsuper

Friday, 12 Feb 2010 - Let's Ride!

I don't plan to spend much time at work. In fact, I don't even plan to take off my riding gear much less put on my uniform. Some bs meeting at 8, and then I am out of there. Inlaws in town Thursday night.....needless to say, I am going riding all day Friday. If anyone is interested, I can meet anywhere.....I'll be leaving Point Loma by 9 at the latest.

ditching work and bailing on the in-laws... you rock!

Unfortunately, I can do neither, so can't join you this time

Unbelievable, but yesterday I went out to leave work and there was a damn oil puddle underneath my 2009 (1966 miles on it) BMW!! I about had a damn heart attack! So, right now my bike is at that shop and I am delayed departing work until I get word that I can pick up my bike. I have a loaner (logistics of drop off/pick up from Ramona are a pain otherwise), but the loaner is a R1200R.....probably would not be good to take that off-road.

I am hoping it is just something loose.....

As soon as the bike is fixed I am heading out.....no idea where. Read a good report about a dirt road on Palomar, but I am open to anything.

If you are interested in heading out around noonish (shop's best estimate), shoot me an email (Mikegesualdo@live.com). It goes to my BlackBerry so I will monitor throughout the morning.

If you are talking about Nate Harrison Grade, I wouldn't take a loaner R on it... yeah; it is totally easy, but every once in a while you will be cresting a rise, and there is a 90 degree right turn on flat or off camber dirt road