Sign in to follow this  
carguy

Yuha Desert

Some plans changed for New Years weekend. Sometimes you get 6 riders sometimes none. This time was none. There was a post about a ride Saturday the 30th of dec that changed. New Years Weekend ride I showed at the meeting place, just in case someone did not see the change. No one showed.

I was in the desert and Plaster City had a race going on. I decieded to explore south.

Did you know riding off road could be Hazardous?

Posted Image

I found alot of roads that people were using, but posted closed. I turned around at each.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I guess I ran along the Jacumba Wilderness. Eventully ended at the border fence. You can say I have rode the border road from Brown Field to the desert.

Posted Image

I have always wanted to check out that sand hill, but it is in Mexico, guess not.

Posted Image

You know there are many trails in the Yuha area I only checked out 4-5 for a few hours.

Posted Image

The area has interesting terrain.

Posted Image

Hills and sandy washes.

Posted Image

You ride around out here long enough and you feel like you are in the middle of nowhere.

Posted Image

Just then I spot a tower.

Posted Image

It says push the button and Border Patrol will be there in a hour.

I guess the last guy could not read.

Posted Image

When I got to Dunnaway Rd I could see the huge cloud of dust from Plaster City/Superstition. I chose to head back up the hill and ride some local stuff.

I guess the indians built some Geoglyphs there centuries ago, I also saw some near where Ride Orange camped.

Will have to ride here again soon. :unsure: