Sign in to follow this  
Joliet

Roll chart

What is a roll chart and what is its purpose? I was reading the entry form for the desert dash and it says I need a roll chart holder. It seems strange that I would "need" one since I have been riding for over 40 years and don't even know what one is. Where can I find one cheep since this is probably not something I will use very often. Ken

What is a roll chart and what is its purpose? I was reading the entry form for the desert dash and it says I need a roll chart holder. It seems strange that I would "need" one since I have been riding for over 40 years and don't even know what one is. Where can I find one cheep since this is probably not something I will use very often. Ken

All Organized Dual Sport rides use a adding machine like tape as a map that tells you where to turn as well as other important information. You can pick this up at your local shop. I know San Diego Sport Cycles sells them. Kev

That seems easy enough. Not quite as easy as following the guy in front of you like we do on all the other rides we do. But I'm game. Ken

That seems easy enough. Not quite as easy as following the guy in front of you like we do on all the other rides we do. But I'm game. Ken

Ken, I have some for sale also, which will be available at the ride for $25.00 total.

Nice thing about a rollchart ride, is you don't have to follow someone else, and you can ride at your own pace. With a "follow the leader" type ride, if one person has a problem, then usually everyone gets held up.

All organized dualsport events are run with a rollchart. There's no way you could have 75+ people following each other.

Hope to see you out there !!

2wheels, thanks for posting the link !!

I just read the link...correction to what it says......on organized rides, you never have to tape the sections of rollchart together, they should always be ready to put in the holder without you having to do anything but tape it into the holder.