Mescalero

WHo's riding LA-Barstow-Vegas?

Guest stevensyanora

sounds good.I talked to arron he and brandon will be there at the inspection at 6am I plan to meet them and you there at that time ,arron is sideing with the easy route also, but brandon being a more exsperiencd rider might opt for the more challenging trail.he hasnt made his intentions know yet ...looks like its going to be fun ,my bikes ready, and so it begins... :ph34r:

I will definitely be doing all of the hard ways... I did a 100 mi loop up there last weekend and saw a lot of the ribbon marking sections of the route... It is going to be a great ride! Aaron if you are up for the hard ways I can help you get through them, I know the trails up there very well. The route organizers always provide bail out sections if it is too challenging. Speed average for the day will be 20-25 mph. This means you can go through a 5 mi challenge section at 10 mph come out hit a 5 mile fire road at 30 mph and you will be right on time. There is going to be some cool stuff on the hard way route. I was told to start day two at 6 AM to take it all in.

Brandon

I will definitely be doing all of the hard ways... I did a 100 mi loop up there last weekend and saw a lot of the ribbon marking sections of the route... It is going to be a great ride! Aaron if you are up for the hard ways I can help you get through them, I know the trails up there very well. The route organizers always provide bail out sections if it is too challenging. Speed average for the day will be 20-25 mph. This means you can go through a 5 mi challenge section at 10 mph come out hit a 5 mile fire road at 30 mph and you will be right on time. There is going to be some cool stuff on the hard way route. I was told to start day two at 6 AM to take it all in.

Brandon

There is nothing really hard on LA-B-V, just alot of SAND. The hard way is just longer, not really more difficult-though there is a steep rocky section on Day one that is why I will stick to the easy route. On day two-oops-I cant tell you, but after lunch you will be for a treat!

Guest stevensyanora

thanks for the info Brandon ,like I said well see , Im good for it all. and Im really exsited about this adventure Posted Image

This is going to be great

Brandon

I was in LA today and stopped in at SCOTTS Performance and scooped up a new damper and sharkfin. I'm feeling more up to the hard routes. I feel better about charging through most any terrain with these added on. I'll call you manana Brandon.

Guest stevensyanora

Im ready to roll have a great thanksgiveing Ill see you dudes at the check in :ph34r: :Posted Image

I was secounds away from buying one about 3 months ago, the fact that they still use a carberator and their reliability reputation gave my cold feet

The early years had some problems, things are a bit better now, check it out.

Also, the new ones are using the 990 fuel injected motor. More power, reliability, etc. No more carbs. B

Guest stevensyanora

I was secounds away from buying one about 3 months ago, the fact that they still use a carberator and their reliability reputation gave my cold feet

The early years had some problems, things are a bit better now, check it out.

Also, the new ones are using the 990 fuel injected motor. More power, reliability, etc. No more carbs. B

fuel injection eh? hummm.. I do like the black color,, how about that one with half the plastic,same bike with less plastic to Posted Image

replace

fuel injection eh? hummm.. I do like the black color,, how about that one with half the plastic,same bike with less plastic to Posted Image

replace

True but ... KTM baiscallly has 3 of these bikes:

You have pictured the "Supermoto". Pretty much ALL street, still using the 950 carbureted motor

The "Super Enduro". Quite dirty, light, not as good for a road bike, still using the 950 motor

The "990 Adventure". In the middle of the other 2. Dirt OK, street pretty good! 990 F.I. motor

Brett

there is no replacement as far as reliability than a BMW Boxer Motor. With the shaft drive, about 70,000 miles you will need to do some work on it. As far as the motor-Bullit Proof.] The KTM is more dirt orientated, anthe Boxes heads sticking out is an issue. But then, Mike Miani and Jimmy Lewis can do it!!!

But then, Mike Miani and Jimmy Lewis can do it!!!

True that! But 94.36% can't / don't.

Hard choice! The Beemer is reliable w/ no chain to mess with, but compromised in the dirt & expensive!

Brett

But then, Mike Miani and Jimmy Lewis can do it!!!

True that! But 94.36% can't / don't.

Hard choice! The Beemer is reliable w/ no chain to mess with, but compromised in the dirt & expensive!

Brett

Steve, just buy one and lets go ridin' Obviously, Brett and Kevin have a differnce of opinion-even though I am right(ha). It is like everthing else you buy, you get what you pay for/kev

Guest stevensyanora

Im going to peeping them out this weekend,Im swinging tword the beemer, I gotta sell the cbr frrst once shes gone then Im going shopping, Posted Image