Pete

Lithium battery jump starter

I remember Jesse having one of the Cycle Gear ones in DV last year and raving about it. I'm not sure of the form factor differences but if the goal is to start a bike once then I'm betting either would work. If you have to crank a motorcycle for more than a minute in total then you have bigger issues than a dead battery. :)

Of course, what you say is true. I started this thread to talk about these Jump starters. I am convinced that while they will jump start many things, and that's useful, It is important to know what you have. My light test has told me that the 14 AHs that they claim is bullshit, and it's not going to do what I think a 14 amp hr battery should.

Speaking to the 'bigger problems' issue. I ran out of gas on the Demster hwy with my DR350. That's simple enough. I had a big tank that only has a petcock on one side so I had gas in the other side....but I had to lay the bike down to transfer the gas.

Well, I don't know what all happened with the situation, but I either didn't have gas going to the carb or the laying it down flooded it....but that bastard wouldn't start, and wouldn't start. I could hear my starter slowing down when it did finally start. So it doesn't take much to be a 'bigger problem'. I want 14 Amp Hrs if it says 14 amp hrs....or at least to know what to expect from the spare battery that I'm carrying. :)