Sign in to follow this  
dylanewilliams

Mikes Sky Ranch the weekend before Christmas?

Anyone up for a baja trip on a big bike? I have a bunch of friends affiliated with Racing 905 heading down to Mikes on Saturday the 20th who are all in trucks. I went last year with them and would like to go again, but I don't want to be the only bike. Anyone interested? The two other guys I ride big bikes with have other commitments.

If so, we should try and meet up and ride beforehand to see if we will be comfortable with eachothers pace beforehand - maybe a ride from Warner springs to Idyllwild via lost creek and thomas mountain? I ride a GSA and am not the fastest rider, but I feel comfortable taking the bike most places a dirt bike would go.

I'm not sure what the plan for the route is yet but last year we crossed at tecate, took the compadre trail to Ojos Negros, then went to Valle T on the 3, then dirt from there. I am hoping we can get up to Lagua Hansen and cut out a large portion of the ride on the 3 this year. Sunday the plan would be to take trails to the coast then likely pavement back.

The timeline is still not confirmed. There is a possibility we will go down on Friday, but it sounds like Saturday is a more realistic departure day.

Anyone that's interested let me know, it would be great to have more people to ride with!