Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crusty

Anyone here Love Baja, Riding and Surfing?

Lack of swell will give me time to order my rack

Hey Bitwrench it looks like that swell fizzled out like you said. I'd rather wait for a better one, but I'm glad to see there are some people interested when it happens.

It just doesn't start to fill in till Wed. Here's the forecast:

A better SW swell (215-200) is on the way for the back half of the work week thanks to a storm to the southeast of New Zealand over the last couple days. That swell builds in through the day on Wednesday, and tops out late Wednesday into Thursday, before easing as we head into the weekend. We expect to see fun size+ surf in the chest-head high range at the well exposed breaks of Baja Norte. Select focal points likely go a little larger at times.

Head high in Baja is O.K. by me. I'm going to push launch back till Wednesday morning. I'm jonesing...

Head high sounds fun to me too. I'm in if that forecast holds up. I can clear wednesday and thursday and possibly friday if the waves are worth it.

Count me in

Ok Rev5 and surfnride.. I just spent about 3 hours comparing the forecast from Tijuana to Punta Baja. It's actually showing about a foot bigger at K38 than at Camalu. Negligable, but what caught my eye is the wind is less at K38 and Robert claims when the wind comes up, it is usually offshore. So, we could book at Roberts K38 for a decent price, or we could head farther south. K38 was the first place I ever paddled out in baja, and that was BEFORE the internet...Ya, long time ago. I'll leave it up to you guys. What think you? K38 about 30 minutes from the border, Camalu/San Quintin about 2 hours +.

I think this trip is more about grabbing some waves than exploring on the bikes, but I'm open.

Im down to surf anywhere. Lets just check spots on the way down. Haven't surfed b.m. in awhile and never surf popotla.

Im down to surf anywhere. Lets just check spots on the way down. Haven't surfed b.m. in awhile and never surf popotla.

I just went thru all the forcasts (agian) man, its a sickness this sport... :] The two 'biggest' spot show up as K38 and the lighthouse. It doesn't look like the wind is a factor this far north. I don't think it matters either, I just need to get in the water. I'm going to bring my tent and bag in case we end up heading south, (lighthouse,Camalu etc) But ya, lets just hoof it and surf whatever is the least crowded...

O.k. and no cheering and ---- when I go over the falls, I've been landlocked in the desert for five years, my surfing is pretty piss poor. Heading to the gym to get some swimm time in...

I will definitely cheer if you take a first class ticket over the falls. I would expect the same.

So this going to happen Wednesday thru Friday?

Yeppers,

Wed thru Fri. sounds good. I've got a four hour run to hit the border, so I'm early riser for this party.

Do you bother with insurance? I guess I'll get it online so we don't have to wait for the offices at the border to open.
Where shall we meet up?

I'll be coming from Oceanside. 38's or Calafia if it's working sounds good or whatever we see that looks good on the way. I'd rather stay in a hotel than lug camping gear but I'll leave that choice up to you guys.

We can stay at my house as an option too. On the east side of the highway accross from the dunes exit descanso.

We can stay at my house as an option too. On the east side of the highway accross from the dunes exit descanso.

Awsome! I don't feel like dragging my tent around. I'll still bring my sleeping pad and a bivy bag just in case. O.K then hotel or house for this run to the border. My bike is mostly back together after some 'maintenance' I'll take it for a test run today.

Guest Crusty

I am trying to leave Thursday, after opening- hat day at Del Mar.

Plan to ride to Roberts and stay there, surf the peak of swell on Friday,

and Sat. morning.

Wife looked at me funny though, Saturday is my anniversary. :ohno02:

and Sat. morning.

Haha! What a bust, good luck talking your way out of that one.

I might have to leave later with you Crusty, I am currently stuck in Santiago Chile with a broken airplane. I'm not sure how long it will take to get parts, but I'll let you guys know when I make it back to the USA. I'm hoping for Tuesday...

and Sat. morning.

Haha! What a bust, good luck talking your way out of that one.

I might have to leave later with you Crusty, I am currently stuck in Santiago Chile with a broken airplane. I'm not sure how long it will take to get parts, but I'll let you guys know when I make it back to the USA. I'm hoping for Tuesday...

Wow, I feel for you, the air quality in Santiago is horrible. I couldn't get out of that city fast enough, when I was traveling down there. If the swell is decent, I may stay thru Sunday as well. Looks like a decent swell the following weekend as well. Looks like I'll be commuting...heh,.

Guest Crusty

I got an OK. to leave opening day at 3:00 -3:30 then home/

to eat and ride to Baja around 5:00 on Thursday night.

I can stay till around 11:00 am Sat. :coolio:

Hope your plane gets fixed, can't wait. to get some good ones at Lita's, in front of Robert's

I love the way it breaks there over the rock reef.

Surfed the SUP. this morning at warm waters then

caught some mush balls on a regular board, at the O Side pier today.

Shoulder feels oK. too.

Craig.

Hope your plane gets fixed, can't wait. to get some good ones at Lita's, in front of Robert's

Shoulder feels oK. too.

Craig.

Won't you hit a bunch of traffic in the evening? What about 3pm, will it be chaos trying to cross at that time?

It looks like we are going cross the border Thursday morning..I could leave Wednesday afternoon, I'm just afraid we will be in heavy traffic, something I would rather avoid.....

Guest Crusty

Shoulder feels oK. too.

Craig.

Won't you hit a bunch of traffic in the evening? What about 3pm, will it be chaos trying to cross at that time?

It looks like we are going cross the border Thursday morning..I could leave Wednesday afternoon, I'm just afraid we will be in heavy traffic, something I would rather avoid.....

She IS letting me go, but I got to spend the day at the track first.

531239_3305633448928_1548606548_n.jpg

You can join us.

http://www.delmartimes.net/2014/07/13/opening-day-at-the-races-in-del-mar-takes-place-thursday-this-year/

Pick up the board rack today from Encinitas surf shop. Had to make some mods, im good to go now.post-15609-0-24719400-1405397340_thumb.j

Nice rig Rev5, we needs to take it out and get it dirty. Maybe head farther south on one of the big swells...
Crusty, I would go to the horse track if they will let us flat track our bikes between races, and if they have a titty bar there. Seriously though, we will be surfing the peak of the swell Thursday, and I needs to get in the water..

SurfNride, forget about those plane parts and fly back. It was broken when you flew down there right? How bad could it be? :]

Rev5 and I are headed down Thursday morning. Give a call when you make it back....Cheers

Yes... the bike is too clean. Haven't been riding GS since I got the sexy Italian beauty.

Thinking about possibly selling the GS

Guest Crusty

Nice rig Rev5, we needs to take it out and get it dirty. Maybe head farther south on one of the big swells...

Crusty, I would go to the horse track if they will let us flat track our bikes between races, and if they have a titty bar there. Seriously though, we will be surfing the peak of the swell Thursday, and I needs to get in the water..

SurfNride, forget about those plane parts and fly back. It was broken when you flew down there right? How bad could it be? :]

Rev5 and I are headed down Thursday morning. Give a call when you make it back....Cheers

I hear you about getting in the water, warm waters was fun this morning.

When are you guys crossing the boarder?

Can you post up Surline's report for Northern Baja?