Sign in to follow this  
DigDug

Who's Riding Dirty This Weekend?

It looks like we're going to get a pass to play tomorrow!!! I was thinking about taking Jr (aka Wheat Grass, aka Rooster) and our bikes and doing a little dirt riding. Normally, we'd just hit Pine Valley for our dirt fix, but the fire danger has the place closed. Right now we're tossing around 2 options - McCain Valley/Lark Canyon OHV area (a little pre-desert season desert riding) or maybe :lol: heading up to Lake Arrowhead for more of those mountain trails. Both are about the same drive time for us from San Marcos, and both should be about the same temps according to The Weather Channel (highs of 80-82).

Anyone wanna get dirty with us? We're open to suggestions on locations/difficulties. :lol:

Okay, here's the plan. We'll meet at the Deer Springs Park-N-Ride on the west side of I-15 (the one by the gas station/C-store) and plan on heading out of there by 7:00am. That should have us up to the Pinnacles staging area and riding by about 9:30. We'll figure out a route when we get there. If anyone is coming from elsewhere and wants to meet up there, check this thread: http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1438 for directions to Pinnacles. If you want us to wait for you at the Park-N-Ride and you're running late, give me a call on my cell at 760-579-3184.

I'm sure there are more that want to get their single-track on with us!!! :D:lol::lol:

Doug, if you are going to Arrowhead tomorrow I would like to join you. I need to see if I can get some time to work on a bike this afternoon. It will be nice since it is cooler maybe we won't have to start as early as we have been on the last few rides. Starting early doesn't bother me, but some have a hard time with it. I will let you know later if I get a bike finished or not.

They had some fires up in that area a couple of weeks ago, how do we find out what is open and what is closed? :D Ken

Doug, if you are going to Arrowhead tomorrow I would like to join you. I need to see if I can get some time to work on a bike this afternoon. It will be nice since it is cooler maybe we won't have to start as early as we have been on the last few rides. Starting early doesn't bother me, but some have a hard time with it. I will let you know later if I get a bike finished or not.

They had some fires up in that area a couple of weeks ago, how do we find out what is open and what is closed? :D Ken

I was thinking a quick day - hence Pine Valley. Then it closed, so I was thinking a little further out - to McCain Valley. Once I plugged it all into the map/driving time thing - I found that Arrowhead was only a little further, and we tend to enjoy riding up there more than Lark Canyon (a fun, but relatively small area).

Last I checked the FS website, everything was open after the fires. I'll try and call up there and confirm that with the rangers.

We'd love to have you along!!!

Last I checked the FS website, everything was open after the fires. I'll try and call up there and confirm that with the rangers.

I just got off the phone with the ranger station. Everything is open!!! The only restriction is no campfires. Looks like it'll be a small group and Arrowhead is the place to be! I'll post more details once we get plans firmed up. As far as routes, I'm open to suggestions...

Sorry I firmed this up so late. Jr and I were out with Mom, paying for our kitchen pass. See the updated first post in this thread if you want to come along.

Hope to see some of you out there!!!!

See you guys in the morning. I don't think I am ready to go, but I am going anyway. :D Ken