Checking to see if anyone's planning rides in preparation for the event.

Please let me know if something's going down.

Technical riding a plus...

I know there has to be some secret squirrel groups out there!

I'm not your competition; I just want to complete the thing. "The Hard Way"

ONE MONTH COUNTDOWN!!!!!!

Thanks in advance.

If a Sunday group goes up, I would like to tag along...I miss mountain riding

Anybody else plan on doing Big Bear Hard Ways this year. I know Crusty went for the plaque last year and had a mechanical...joliet, dug, craw I think have done it in the past

I'm going for it this year. It will be my first year riding this event/going for the plaque. For practice, we rode approximately 70% of the hard ways and around 120 miles 2 weeks ago. I'm glad we did. I just wish I had time for one more trip.

Other than my buddy swimming with his KTM, it was a success. Definitely a challenge, but we had a great time. I posted a RR on D37. Can be found here....

http://www.district37ama.org/forums/showthread.php?t=52647

That was a great write up!

I did do the event last year and was able to finish it. My odo said 202 miles at the end...

The rocky climbs were all terrible but the worst was traveling at faster speeds with pods of other riders in the open areas in the first 40 miles or so. The dust brought visibility down to zero and caused several energy sucking mistakes early on. This year I plan on sitting back and pacing myself for the first quarter or so.

Let me know if plans come up to do any local/technical rides before the event.

Thanks!

That was a great write up!

I did do the event last year and was able to finish it. My odo said 202 miles at the end...

The rocky climbs were all terrible but the worst was traveling at faster speeds with pods of other riders in the open areas in the first 40 miles or so. The dust brought visibility down to zero and caused several energy sucking mistakes early on. This year I plan on sitting back and pacing myself for the first quarter or so.

Let me know if plans come up to do any local/technical rides before the event.

Thanks!

Vic, it's been 11 1/2 months since we received our plaques last year and I think I'm fully recovered.

Would love to ride it again with you.

Call me

619-241-3268

And yes, I plan on riding ALL the hard stuff over the next few weeks in preparation. Wheneve you want to come up