Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hammerin Hammon

Carlsbad to ensenada and back

Guest Hammerin Hammon

We had an awsome ride. Everything went better than planned. We left Carlsbad at about 7. This was an expensive hall pass ( I DONT KNOW HOW I TALKED MY WIFE INTO IT). We rode down the coast all the way to Point Loma. It was a buetiful morning.We were on the freeway only 20 miles, to the boarder where we stopped to fill the tanks. Once across the boarder the real fun began, people drive a lot different in baja so it kinda felt like we were in some race. we had a blast carving the road all the way to Ensenada. We were prepared to camp if needed, but we rolled into town and there were still rooms available. I surf their alot so I knew of a good one with a pool and jacuzzi that was right in the heart of town. The Husky van was parked out front and the KTM van was in our back lot. We loughed that we must be slummen it. We went to tech. inspection to see all the bikes, it was awsome.I kept thinking to myself ( I cant believe my wife let me go) I have been on many surf trips over the years to Ensenada but its a whole different town when Sal Fish is holding a race there. :o One kinda funny thing was when we were waiting at the finish line, a truck full of people backed in to watch with us. They kept asking qustions about our bikes and our ride. I told them about SDAR and that I was the Hammer. THey turned out to be lurkers and had read some of my posts. They also ride 650L s :D and should be riding with us soon. :D The ride home was also great and the waves were good so we stopped at Litas, witch is close to K38 but a mutch better wave. We wished we had more time and our boards. :unsure: Oh well next trip is for Surfing. :D

post-465-1180975718_thumb.jpg

post-465-1180975752_thumb.jpg

post-465-1180975802_thumb.jpg

post-465-1180975853_thumb.jpg

post-465-1180975911_thumb.jpg

post-465-1180975998_thumb.jpg

post-465-1180976062_thumb.jpg

post-465-1180976124_thumb.jpg

post-465-1180976175_thumb.jpg

Cool pix and good job getting the hall pass! :unsure:

Is the XRL yours? Looks almost identical to mine. Where'd you get the racks for the saddlebags?

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Cool pix and good job getting the hall pass! :D

Is the XRL yours? Looks almost identical to mine. Where'd you get the racks for the saddlebags?

Look under Informal rides (Baja surf trippen) all your qustions will be answered. :o

Good to have another 650 L rider in the pot. :unsure: