Sign in to follow this  
SocalCPA

Suspension Testing at Pala

First of all I'd like to say thanks to George Spinali (Suspenders) at Suspension101. I took my shock and forks, from my new to me 2007 KTM 450 SX-F, in for a complete overhaul. The forks were so harsh when I got the bike that I was having trouble holding on to the bike, the shock felt ok to me. After 3 trips to the vet track at Pala, I had had enough.

George was willing and ready to let me watch and learn every step of the process, however, once I saw what was involved, and what was inside, of the shock, I let go of that real quick. The KTM shock has a lot of shims and parts, and what was really neat was seeing them laid out and seeing that some of the shims were bent.

George researched the setup, ordered the parts, and had it all back together in about a week, a really quick turnaround considering the amount of work that went into new system. I have now tested and made multiple adjustments in 3 more trips to Pala, and I think I have gotten close to the right settings for me. I am not a great rider, but I do have good feel after many years of two-wheeled sports. The new setup really is nice, and I feel that now it is just a matter of me getting better and more familiar with the bike, which is all I can ask.

If you are in need of any suspension work, I highly recommend George, he is a great guy and did great work on my bike.

Here's a few from the vet track at Pala yesterday afternoon, very few people out there, it was great:

fb1.jpg

fb2.jpg

fb3.jpg

fb4.jpg

fb5.jpg

fb6.jpg