I'm going to park at Cibbet Flats tomorrow and take Fred Canyon/Thing Valley up to Sunrise. What's the stuff in the area I've boxed off in yellow on this map? Is any of it worth checking out or is it all gated?

And is it possible to get from Thing Valley over to McCain? I see dirt roads on my map that go over there, but it could be all closed off because it's reservation land.

Any insight appreciated.

Zina

post-1009-1180216196_thumb.jpg

I'm going to park at Cibbet Flats tomorrow and take Fred Canyon/Thing Valley up to Sunrise. What's the stuff in the area I've boxed off in yellow on this map? Is any of it worth checking out or is it all gated?

And is it possible to get from Thing Valley over to McCain? I see dirt roads on my map that go over there, but it could be all closed off because it's reservation land.

Any insight appreciated.

Zina

Zina,

I have never been to the area but would love to do some riding on Sunday. Are you looking for a ride partner?

Let me know.

-Mark

Any insight appreciated.

Zina

I have information overload and need a break from study. I need to ride and something close is good! I was thinking of Jacumba, but the area you talk about is my old back yard. I know it well. Meet at Cibbet Flats at what time? Or Jacumba Valero?

SanDiegoLand to the white courtesy phone...

BTW... I would like to visit this area, too, but Sunday is booked...anybody looking to ride Monday?

Oh wait...that's a hijack...never mind... but if somebody is... :D

I have information overload and need a break from study. I need to ride and something close is good! I was thinking of Jacumba, but the area you talk about is my old back yard. I know it well. Meet at Cibbet Flats at what time? Or Jacumba Valero?

How about Cibbet Flats at 9:30 for anyone interested? My boyfriend is not a morning person so getting him there before 9:30 would be pushing it. Just as an FYI, we're intermediate riders and wear full gear. As long as there's no "Phantom Trail II" we're ready. :D

Zina

P.S. We have a blue Ford Ranger and two DRZ400s.

post-1009-1180240375_thumb.jpg

SanDiegoLand to the white courtesy phone...

BTW... I would like to visit this area, too, but Sunday is booked...anybody looking to ride Monday?

Oh wait...that's a hijack...never mind... but if somebody is... :ph34r:

I'm up for a monday ride. What are you thinking?

How about Cibbet Flats at 9:30 for anyone interested? My boyfriend is not a morning person so getting him there before 9:30 would be pushing it. Just as an FYI, we're intermediate riders and wear full gear. As long as there's no "Phantom Trail II" we're ready. :D

Zina

P.S. We have a blue Ford Ranger and two DRZ400s.

Don't wait, I am geared up and heading for the road now. I will try to swing by Cibbit.

See ya on the trail.

There was another truck in the dirt area just outside the campground but we didn't see any rider lurking about so we took off at around 9:50 after we unloaded and got our gear on.

We tried a few side roads off of Sunrise but everything was gated so we gave up and went down La Posta Road and then backtracked to the campground just to get the dirt miles in. Weather was nice but I like it a little windier when I'm dirtbiking so the leader's billowing dust cloud clears out faster.

--

Ok, I was just illuminated about...stuff. How about a pic of me enjoying nature? I think that bobcat wants to rip my face off!

post-1009-1180314604_thumb.jpg