Thanks to XTSteve for this ride. Ended up with 8 SDAR riders out of Ramona under cloudy skies and a definite chill in the air. Schwinn brought a friend who put on a wheelie stunt show while we worked our way to Black Canyon. Although cold, there was just enough moisture in/on the ground to make the dirt riding fantastic: great traction with no dust. Two riders on drz400's out of Ramona caught up with us in Balck Canyon and joined in for the remainder of the ride. Hopefully we'll see them on other rides. Newcomer Lee showed up on his "new to him" BMW Dakar 650 and although tentative, he had a good time on his beautiful bike. This was Lee's first ride on dirt. Met up with a huge group of mountain bikers and we exchanged the favor of taking each other's pictures.

After a brief stop at the Hideout, we continued around Lake Henshaw to Palomar ridge. As we climbed the weather worsened and before long we were greeted with hail and then some light snow. A few were seen warming their hands against the engine/exhaust of their respective rides. The weather improved as we decended into Aguanga and rejoined the 79. Myself and a few others had to peel off here and return via tarmac.

The others will have to chime in and let us know how the rest of the day went. Hopefully, someone will have some good pics too. Thanks again XT, and great to ride with everyone. See you all on the next one.

Hi Everyone,

Thank's for a great ride!! See the pictures below to complement Greg's commentary. Phip, Lee and myself(XTSTEVE) finished the ride without a hitch. The ride back to Ramona was COLD!!! We clocked 115 miles from the start point to finish.

Thank's to all for a great day and special thanks to CardiffChris for his help in the planning.

Till next ride,

XTSTEVE

RIDE003.jpg

Guest Hammerin Hammon
:unsure: The ride start time was at 10. so I wanted to surf in the morning, but it was blown out. Like a Nascar pit stop I removed my surfgear and headed for Ramona. I was happy iI decided to wear my jacket when it started raining just past Escondido. We all met at the Auto Zone in Ramona and away we went. I had a good time on this ride, the more I get used to my BRP the more fun I have on it. I have found out that the faster I ride it the lighter it feels. I should have left the group a little earlier though. I had to haul ass to get home on time. I did 80 to 85 mph. all the way home to Carlsbad, and made it with 6 minutes to spare. Thanks XSteve for a great time.