Signatures, Avatars, etc.

We would like to make the following changes:

• Please no active links in your signatures.
  • Please no personal avatars to businesses or other clubs.

If you have either or both of these on your profile / signature, please make the appropriate changes.

Thanks for your cooperation.

What does "active" link mean, any link or....like something that you click on and it takes directly to that website?

I don't either....but it's done.

I just had a phone conversation with one of our core SDAR members, and he agreed....those of you who don't understand, I'll call you.

Thanks !

one of our core SDAR members

:lol:

I'd never really thought about it before but it makes sense to me.......

If I use the CORE logo as my Avatar then pretty soon we may have other Avatar's pop up like "Joe's plumbing", "Carl's Bodyshop", etc......there's a forum for Member businesses and that sort of promotion belongs there.......no need to junk up the Avatars with personal/business promotion.......same deal with links.......SDAR will have a links page just as other sites have links pages.......no need for folks to junk up signatures with a bunch of links......

No prohibition against links in the body of posts.........just "de-commercializing" Avatars and Signatures.......

I get it and I'm on board with it.......

After the Desert Dash, I will be working on revising the SDAR main page again, and we will have a news section, events section, calendar, etc. We will also update the links page, and list certain links on the front page.

When I'm ready, I will ask people if there's any motorcycle club links / off road organizations, etc. they might want add to the links page.

SDAR wants to help CORE and DSM work together on promoting dualsport riding and a positive image, etc.

As Chris mentioned above (thanks Chris), you can mention motorcycle oriented clubs in your sig, just without the link, since we'll have an active links page with more clubs, D37 promoters, etc. listed on that page.

Thanks !

What does "active" link mean, something that you click on and it takes directly to that website?

Yes.

Just a reminder....as mentioned in first post above....

that there shall be No Active Links in people's signatures....so if you have that in your signature, please remove.

Thanks.

Not sure where to ask this question, so here seemed to be as close as I could find. I tried to change my profile pic, and it loaded fine, but my old pic still shows up on my actual profile. I'm not sure what do do about this. Am I doing something wrong? No link or anything.

Not sure where to ask this question, so here seemed to be as close as I could find. I tried to change my profile pic, and it loaded fine, but my old pic still shows up on my actual profile. I'm not sure what do do about this. Am I doing something wrong? No link or anything.

message sent... profile pic vs avatar

that there shall be No Active Links in people's signatures....so if you have that in your signature, please remove.

Thanks.

I'm still curious why this is? What's wrong with an active link in a signature as long as it isn't offensive?

Thanks.

I'm still curious why this is? What's wrong with an active link in a signature as long as it isn't offensive?

This was discussed over a year ago in the posts above.

A reminder...we have seen people with active links in your signatures....if you have an active link in your sig, please remove it....we established this rule a long time ago.

Thanks for your cooperation !

This rule was implemented back in 2007....and now I see some people have active links in their signatures.

If you do, please remove them.

Thanks !

10 minutes ago, KTMrad said:

If you do, please remove them.

Have tried on several occasions- but changes won't "stick".

3 minutes ago, paulmbowers said:

Have tried on several occasions- but changes won't "stick".

OK, yeah...I've had problems with the Signature also....mine won't let me line up the rows in line....weird.

I'll have to get with Mario to check it out.

Thanks Paul.

14 minutes ago, KTMrad said:

Go to your profile, add/edit there.

I have looked several times, and it seems like the icons and commands to edit signatures are no longer available.

17 minutes ago, dirt dame said:

I have looked several times, and it seems like the icons and commands to edit signatures are no longer available.

Don't know where you're looking, but it's there.