bikeslut

Tuesday-Jan 24-short ride Corral

MIL- (that stands for Mother In Law and "no I didn't forget a letter Paul") is in the hospital with the beginning stages of croneyisms...she should be released tonight, but she can't watch the kids this week...which means I am Mr Mom...it also means from 830-1230 I am free...

So I'm going to ride; Corral is closest, and I can ride both ways without having to load up. Pine Valley exit as close to 9 am as I can manage...back on the freeway by 12. Which means fairly good pace (as much as I can manage anyway).

Noobs are welcome, it'll just change the ride a little; we'd probably take street rather than Bear Valley Road (pine valley exit)

Not sure which bike; look for a Superman Logo above the headlight- I'm going either way, but post up if you want me to expect anybody

And yes; I know its short notice...and yes; you can pass me if I'm holding you up

Check your calendar Bob.

Have an 8 am class tomorrow, otherwise I would try to make it.

Thanks for the clarification Don...I should know better than try to figure out dates in my head...

Ride cancelled-

Something seized on the WR @ 75 mph...back tire just stopped moving; counter-steered as long as I could until I went down...paul is coming to pick me up...

Ouch! On the side of the freeway right now with a very sore hip and thumb...

THAT didn't go as planned!! Ouch

Ouch ouch ouch

The good news; CHP was here within 5 minutes...all four of them...and the two fire engines...and an ambulance! Not one car stopped but somebody called!

Good old levi jeans; they are black from tar but did not even bust a stitch!

Fox gloves torn to expose the thumb, but nothing major

Bad news- tranny is shot...back hurts like a mutha, and I am going to be sore tomorrow! No external damage to the bike or my gear...superficial scrapes.

Bike skid about 50 yards, then I slid for about 50 more...that's a long ways on your ass...

Did I mention "ouch" yet?

Shhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttt. So sorry to hear that. Glad you're ok.

Bad news- tranny is shot...back hurts like a mutha, and I am going to be sore tomorrow!

Did I mention "ouch" yet?

Holy Slut!!!!! Glad you made it through with only some scrapes? :ph34r: So this happened on the 8? I hate freeways!! Bikes can be fixed so don't worry about that. I am sure there are plenty of people that would love to help you split those cases?? Happy Tuesday :party:

WOW! Really lucky it didn't turn out more serious Bob. Had many nightmares of the same thing happeninng to me only with a big truck right behind to finish the job. Hoorah for Levis and Good Karma. Pamper yourself for a while.

Glad you are OK (Physically)Bob. Just leave the bike by the side of the road, I am sure no one will bother it until you can get back with your truck (right) :blink: . You learned something new doing the forks, now on to split the case and do a tranny. You already have the axe, you are half way done already :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Something seized on the WR @ 75 mph...back tire just stopped moving; counter-steered as long as I could until I went down...paul is coming to pick me up...

Yikes :o .......sounds like it could've been much worse :( ........glad you're Ok

I'm having "survivor guilt".....seriously. First the fork seals and now the tranny or clutch or something......

I'm just glad you're okay as okay gets in these situations.

Damn, Slut.......that sucks, but glad you're pretty much OK. Coulda been a lot worse.

I'm going to put the ride report here, and not start a new thread... First of all; thanks to paul for dropping everything and saving my sorry ass. I called him immediately, because I thought I was going in to shock... damn... that sounds SO wrong on this forum... gave him what info I could, and he showed up 40 minutes later... yay Paul!

Report- hhhmmmmm... which bike to take? The Wr is way better in the dirt, but the DRZ is better on the freeway... WR it is!!

IMG00208-20110125-0744.jpg

Gear up... sticklers will note those are LEvis, not "motorcycle pants"

IMG00211-20110125-0834.jpg

Motorcycle jacket... nah; I decided to leave that at home

IMG00207-20110125-0742.jpg

Good old Levis... genuine American Blue Jeans (made in China)

IMG00216-20110125-1111.jpg

Fox Bombers- Not TOO bad considering

IMG00213-20110125-0920.jpg

I can't find the card reader to download the camera pics... basically nothing to show... A big darkie in the middle of the lane, fishtailing over to the shoulder, where I finally went down (and "No... I didn't "lay it down"... I fought it for as long as I could, while trying to get out of the traffic lane)

thanks for all the well wishes- Trophy... no worries... ---- happens... to me <_<

:heh:

going to go cut some asphalt burned skin off my thumb, and get in an epsom salt bath... and NONE of you are invited :coolio:

going to go cut some asphalt burned skin off my thumb, and get in an epsom salt bath... and NONE of you are invited :coolio:

Works for me.... :coolio: