I want to thank Rob and all of the guys on the ride today :D:D:D It was an AWESOME time yet again! I had a blast squeezing the pig through that tight single track, and technical stuff" nice to mix it up like that.

Rob it was your ride and I hope you do not mind me starting the write up, I'll pay for it with generious amounts of your favorite brew on the next one :)

The meet up at Pine Valley.....L to R Tom, Carguy, Backhodoc, and Pyro

Posted Image

Bachoedoc makes it down the knarley single track with no problems and when he goes to park the KLR he does not find anything under his foot when he leans 'er over and.....ooops Pyro and I get to chuckle (It's okay Doc did the same thing and I damaged the "Bling pig" on another ....but didn't get caught)

Posted Image

The re-group at four corners......

Posted Image

Then with Ride Orange leading the way we went up to here.......

Posted Image

The guy inside was very nice and let us snap a few shots of the landscape from the top of the tower

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I like this one, my daughter called it Beauty and the Barbed wire fence. Ah, spring is here!

Posted Image

Here is one of the crew before heading down the mountain.

Posted Image

After the tower we did some more knarley single track, the "Bling" pig sacrificed a clutch lever to the Adventure Gods and bent a shifter to maintain it's "lucky Irish streak". All good though especially after a couple of cold ones here.....

Posted Image

I especially want to thank John "Carguy" for the lift home, probably would have made it but sure would have fried the clutch doing it. That is twice now that he has helped me out, hope the good Karma gets around to him soon . Cannot thank him enough, John anytime anywhere Bro.

Thanks again to all of you on the ride today, you were a great group to ride with and I look forward to doing it again soon.

Aaron

Chief nice pic's :) ok so the landing wasn't so graceful but I got to tell you bud. it was a great day of riding, A big O thank;s to Rob for a great ride the trails were quik and fun. IT was good to meet all the riders will be looking forward to the next adventure. I do not know the rider that went down I hope all turned out ok and that you will be on the trail again soon :D The Doc.

What a great group to ride with.

Posted Image

Did not expect 15 riders. We got off to a great start and regrouped at the helo pad.

Posted Image

Then there was some minor carnage and we got seperated.

Posted Image

We did regroup at 4 corners after some phone calls and headed up Los Pinos to meet Norm.

Posted Image

Some of the guys rode back down Kernan (OUR TRAIL)

Posted Image

then off for refreshments.

Posted Image

Just a great group of guys to ride with. :):D:D

Chief nice pic's :) ok so the landing wasn't so graceful but I got to tell you bud. it was a great day of riding, A big O thank;s to Rob for a great ride the trails were quik and fun. IT was good to meet all the riders will be looking forward to the next adventure. I do not know the rider that went down I hope all turned out ok and that you will be on the trail again soon :D The Doc.

:P Nuth'in but love for ya bro....here is bachoedoc and pyro (the KLR guys who represented!) on the tower....

Posted Image

:D:D:D:D

Thanks Rob for puttin this thing together, I enjoyed riding with all of you. It's nice to have a group that we can ride with on a regular basis, so we can get used to the way each of us rides.

We need to plan a few more of these before it gets to hot. And, when it does get hot we can do a few night rides out there.

Shane

:) Great Pictures! I really like Corral Canyon, since this is the place I used to go with my kids when I started to ride again about 4 or 5 years ago... brings sweet memories.. :D I'm glad it's opened now... I was undecided to go to this ride on new bike since I know corral has some challenging single tracks.. now that I tried my bike on other dirt area, I think I would have made it O.Key!! I always enjoy going up that fire observation tower.. is Norm still around? He is a very cool guy, who loves telling you lots of good stories...

Good day, I made it back alive. I woke up nice and early and took the freeway up from Lakeside. I liked a lot of the new trail work they had done, except coming down from the lookout tower there was a straight that they had tried to turn into tight s curves. My favorite section was SDAR's adopted kernan trail on the corral side. Bike slut says its fun on a mountain bike also. After McGuffies the group headed west but I went off on to do some more exploring of the area. Carguy gave me directions to Thing Valley rd which I took to Sunrise and then decided to go by lake Cuyamaca, then slid down Viejas Grade and finally took backroads. Put 90 miles on the odometer taking the long way home from the bar. Also took some pics only a few came out. I hope the PYROCAM got some good stuff.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Well done! You guys ROCK! What a great ride and a great group . . Thank you Rob for setting this one up and for leading us on such a classic local adventure. The whole day was excellent. That second part of Kernan was super sweet (SDAR's adopted trail !). I have some pretty good pyroCAM footage of part of that section. Check out at the links below:

Thanks again to all :)

Ride On Amigos :D

That video looks good. FYI, the reason Doc was gettin off his bike was to help me. I came up on Pyro a little hot and when I stopped we were on a little incline so my foot slipped and the DRZ fell over. I guess I couldn't believe that was Kawi's in front of me.

Those two Kwackers move pretty good.

Toona

Here is one of the crew before heading down the mountain.

Posted Image

Looks like Toona and Cree have got a little Capt'n in 'em! :angry: Great write-ups! I need to get some work done (like downloading my pics) so I'll post again later, just HAD to comment on Capt'n Toona!

Okey Dokey, here's more...

Total bike count was 14 at 09:00; carguy, Chief Gunner, joliet, Pyro, Schwinn, Cree, papaalex, tntmoto, backhoedoc, Terrible619, Toona, Jeff, Numbskull, and me (Schwinn brought along his trick new "Inviso-bike" and was showing it off to some other guys at the staging area):

Posted Image

...but you must be asking yourself "I thought our fearless leader, KTMRad, was going on this ride too?", well so did we. Appearently, Rad hooked-up with some Honey, so we let him off the hook (although we are going to need his "Ride" report a.s.a.p. B) ).

Thanks for the kudos guys, but since I missed the turn-off at Kiernan, coupled with the crash of Numbskull and causing the group to get separated, I felt a little less than "leaderly" and more like "elderly" on this one (get it? "elderly" as in "Alzhiemers"). That little comedy of errors was thwarted after a little searching and then deciding to continue down the cycle trail. That's where we re-formed our group of 14 and were joined by bikeslut (yay!) making us a flight of 15 now :P .

From there it was over the meadow and through the trees along the SDAR adopted portion of Kiernan. No trash to pick-up this time, although with bikeslut hot on my tail I was concentrating more on keeping the throttle open than looking out for trash!

The rest has been (or I'm sure will be) posted, and I really do need to get some work done this morning,. but here's a cool shot of our band of merry marauders at Corral

Posted Image

Thanks to everyone for coming out! For a group this size to only have one dis-connect is a testamony to how well we all get along and look out for each other. Can't wait to ride with y'all again! B)

B) I would also like to thank rob,i posted where the heck is corral canyon and before you know it somebody is setting up a ride like a guided tour.i brought my friend cree and he is hooked on this dualsport club and the friends he made. :angry:

:angry: Hey tom,great pictures,last photo of this page, wheres my head,ha ha, lots of fun B)

All was classic adventure... Great time spent riding with you guys... The "Captain Toona" pic is tomorrow's history and I'm proud to be a part of it B)

Thanks Rob, thanks all :angry:

See you on a next one

papa

Welp, guess Crawdaddy has to live vicariously through you guys (yesterday) since I showed up with a flat rear tire and bowed out before I even got started.....so much for adequate gear check at home :angry: (I know, I know - should've just spooned it on the spot, popped in the spare tube and started behind the pack.....but didn't want to hold up the crew, mar up my rim or hassle with it since my girlfriend/mtn bike were only ~15 miles away at the campground B).....Jarrett and I were only gonna be able to ride for a couple of hours anyway).....we still had a fun day riding single track on the bikes without motors B)

One of my daughters is dropping off my rear wheel and my new Desert Dash raffle prize (606 rear) at the KTM shop today so I'll be all set for the DV350 this weekend with new tire/heavy duty tube......we did ride the YZ around a bit up at the campground just to make sure all systems were go for this weekend on that bike....

Nice pics........looks like the ride was a blast.....Jarrett and I like the Kernan Trail and the main/green Wrangler Trail (amongest others) up at Corral Canyon.....

GREAT turn out of riders......also good to put a few faces against the web handles.....looking forward to actually participating in the next outing...

Excellent ride, just enough breeze to keep you cool when you stop and keep the dust from hanging on the trail for too long. I met a few new riders on this ride, the DRZ is running excellent with the new rejet, all in all a great ride. Is the trail we are adopting Kernan cycle trail from Corral canyon road up to four corners?

The other post mentioned Morena Stokes to 4 corners, but I don't know what Morena Stokes is.

Pyro did you get video comming down the Kernan cycle trail rocky switch backs? If so which video is it? Ken

Welp, guess Crawdaddy has to live vicariously through you guys (yesterday) since I showed up with a flat rear tire and bowed out before I even got started.....

Darn the luck :angry: but we would have been happy to wait a few minutes, and even help B) I wish someone had pointed out the fact that it was the 'daddy and his son driving away, I would have at least introduced myself... Next time I guess B)

Is the trail we are adopting Kernan cycle trail from Corral canyon road up to four corners?

The other post mentioned Morena Stokes to 4 corners, but I don't know what Morena Stokes is.

Pyro did you get video comming down the Kernan cycle trail rocky switch backs? If so which video is it? Ken

The road from Buckman Springs to 4 corners "IS" Morena Stokes Road, not Corral Canyon. From the pavement to 4 corners is the proposed adoption on Kernan Cycle Trail. Rob and I met up with Richard Tull there and our contract will be ready within 2 weeks. Corral Canyon is a camp ground/OHV area, not a road that I am aware of. I will see about getting a street name sign installed.

Also keep in mind that the area is an adventure pass area, No pass = cititation. For parked vehicles that is.

PYROCAM!! :angry:B)B)

Was that a hijack?

The road from Buckman Springs to 4 corners "IS" Morena Stokes Road, not Corral Canyon. From the pavement to 4 corners is the proposed adoption on Kernan Cycle Trail. Rob and I met up with Richard Tull there and our contract will be ready within 2 weeks. .

PYROCAM!! :angry:B)B)

Was that a hijack?

I was looking at the map I got from Richard Tull, and I thought it said that was Corral Canyon Road. I may be looking at it wrong or maybe it is mismarked on the map.

What is this hijack you speek of? :P Ken

I had some riding buddies at Pine Valley Sunday and they heard you guys go by. Actually they only heard a ktm and a honda x go by they said they were some of the loudest bikes out there [short pepe syndrom ?]. I always ask my buddies to quiet there bikes down to ride with me.

I had a great time, you couldn't ask for a better group of riders on such a nice day. I had so much fun I didn't take many pictures but I did get a couple.

Stopping on Kernan Cycle Trail for a bit.

Posted Image

KLR conquered!

Posted Image

Tom

Is the trail we are adopting Kernan cycle trail from Corral canyon road up to four corners?

The road from Buckman Springs to 4 corners "IS" Morena Stokes Road, not Corral Canyon. From the pavement to 4 corners is the proposed adoption on Kernan Cycle Trail. Rob and I met up with Richard Tull there and our contract will be ready within 2 weeks. Corral Canyon is a camp ground/OHV area, not a road that I am aware of. I will see about getting a street name sign installed.

Also keep in mind that the area is an adventure pass area, No pass = cititation. For parked vehicles that is.

PYROCAM!! :rolleyes::lol::D

Was that a hijack?

The sign off Buckman Springs says "Corral canyon road" as do the maps I've seen... lets just agree we are talking about the same road...

PYROCAM!! :rolleyes::lol::D

Was that a hijack?

The sign off Buckman Springs says "Corral canyon road" as do the maps I've seen... lets just agree we are talking about the same road...

The sign and maps made by USFS are incorrect. The road is Morena Stokes Valley Road. I have sent a letter to USFS informing them of that. If you are injured on that road and call for help, the dispatcher will look for Corral Canyon road and send help to Bonita or Sutherland Dam. Thomas Brothers list it as Morena Stokes Valley, Sheriff Dispatch list it as Morena Stokes Valley Rd.(Just checked) I am sure CHP will show the same.

I hope they correct this oversite.

The sign and maps made by USFS are incorrect. The road is Morena Stokes Valley Road. I have sent a letter to USFS informing them of that. If you are injured on that road and call for help, the dispatcher will look for Corral Canyon road and send help to Bonita or Sutherland Dam. Thomas Brothers list it as Morena Stokes Valley, Sheriff Dispatch list it as Morena Stokes Valley Rd.(Just checked) I am sure CHP will show the same.

I hope they correct this oversite.

Just looked it up on my Mapquest City Streets software for the heck of it - Yep, "Morena Stokes Valley Road"

I had some riding buddies at Pine Valley Sunday and they heard you guys go by. Actually they only heard a ktm and a honda x go by they said they were some of the loudest bikes out there [short pepe syndrom ?]. I always ask my buddies to quiet there bikes down to ride with me.

Perhaps the loud bikes that your "friends" heard just needed to re-pack their exhaust or some maintenance.

It was probably even my XR650 to be honest with you, I have already re-packed it and inserted a "Quiet core" :

We are a "TREAD LIGHTLY" and responsible group here and that is why I jumped on getting my loud pipe fixed right away. :lol: