Pics 2 and 3 are a new spot, but both are from the same place. 2 is looking SW and 3 is looking S.

EDIT: This should make it easy. The "P" is 3.2 miles north as the crow flies.

DSCF0811_zpscdc29833.jpg

I guess the 6.2 miles as the crow flies from last spot should of told me,sorry. :blush:

Your bike is supposed to be in the picture. But I think we can let it slide. Or maybe that's it in the parking lot. I'll see if I can double down and get the pic tomorrow morning before I head for Havasu.

CiD

Double Peak, San Marcos. Double Peak Drive off Twin oaks valley Parkway. (short jaunt up the hill from my office near CSUSM )

Dpeak_zps9c6a28dc.jpg

From aforementioned locale, along a East, Northeasterly line, 1,931 chains to the point of interest(below), bearing Southwest, 4.6 kilometers from

a purported "Secret Place"... that's not so secret.

BlckCnynRd_zps0ed62586.jpg

I don't know this spot, but I'm going out to do a little exploring today on the 950 so we'll see if I can find it.

CiD

From aforementioned locale, along a East, Northeasterly line, 1,931 chains to the point of interest(below), bearing Southwest, 4.6 kilometers from

a purported "Secret Place"... that's not so secret.

Not one to look for a softball clue but this is a tough one. I'm with C.I.D, this may be an excuse to get out there and explore because I have no idea on this one.

Covered in Clueless

OhOOh I know where but not on bike so can't say.

CID just south of your house.

OhOOh I know where but not on bike so can't say.

:good:/>

- - - just south of your house.

Hey! :angry:/> , no gimme's! :dirol:/>

Chain:

Gunter's chain was a measuring device used for land surveying. It was designed in 1620 by English mathematician Edmund Gunter.

OK if I'm getting this right then the new spot is about 24 miles from Twin Peaks in San Marcos. I still don't know where it is and I won't have a chance to look for a couple of weeks.

CiD

I know where it is, I especially liked the 'chains' clue. The answer is also buried in the picture, if you know where to look. I have been by the sign several times and have never noticed it.

I also believe the current tag violates rule 5 in the first post, but will let it slide - this time- since everyone else is and in the interest of getting the game back rolling.

Chris

I have been a north county resident since 1974 and know several places that would look like this one. What is throwing me is the 10 miles. The routes I know that look like that one wouldn't be that long. :blush:

:good:/>/>/>

OK if I'm getting this right then the new spot is about 24 miles from Twin Peaks in San Marcos.

CiD

I know where it is, I especially liked the 'chains' clue. The answer is also buried in the picture, if you know where to look. I have been by the sign several times and have never noticed it.

I also believe the current tag violates rule 5 in the first post, but will let it slide - this time- since everyone else is and in the interest of getting the game back rolling.

Aw, dammit, yes, my bad, I got #5 backwards. Good catch (kicking the dirt..)

The answer is also buried in the picture, if you know where to look.

I see what you did there. :coolio:

Next tag I capture won't be so transparent. (kicking dirt some more..)

Somebody just tag this quick and put me out of the "gettin' schooled" misery.

It is approximately 6.5 miles N-NE as an acrophobic, canyon-strafing crow would fly from a Dam completed in 1953.

It is approximately 6.5 miles N-NE as an acrophobic, canyon-strafing crow would fly from a Dam completed in 1953.

This Dam was started in 1927 right?

This Dam was started in 1927 right?

10-4. still less time to complete than a Tijuana tilt-up :heh:/>/>

hijack

post-15013-091215300 1384465966_thumb.jp

The Cascade mine on the Pine Valley Creek is one of the most well known because you can drive right up to it. After you turn off the pavement It's only a couple more miles and it's big bike and newbie friendly.

When you see the Ore Crusher your almost there

post-15013-054641000 1384466874_thumb.jp

If you get to the White Oaks where the road forks, you went .8 mile too far

post-15013-023710800 1384466583_thumb.jp

A few years ago you could go all the way in, past the vertical down shaft that was flooded but now it's blocked off

post-15013-037279800 1384467195_thumb.jp

have fun.

NICE resurrection