Ok, didn't make it yesterday.

TAG:

IMAG0618.jpg

IMAG0619.jpg

This Tag is close to the one I posted a year ago.....or so.

The path turned into a paved one for quite a while..after starting and ending in dirt.

Cheers.

I gotta laugh....

I am pretty sure I know where this is and have been wanting to post a TAG here. You beat me to it.

I know where it is, might go for a little ride tomorrow. Looks like it will be a great day to get out.

CiD

OK new tag.

= old tag....

IMAG0612.jpg

IMAG0613.jpg

IMAG0614.jpg

Off Farmers road, Julian.

Will post new one tonight.

D.

I ride Farmers Road both ways pretty regularly and have never seen that sign. Where is it?

I gotta laugh....

I am pretty sure I know where this is and have been wanting to post a TAG here. You beat me to it.

Matt you want to go for a ride on the 990's to get this tag? I'm open Thursday thru next Tuesday.

Covered in Dust

Matt you want to go for a ride on the 990's to get this tag? I'm open Thursday thru next Tuesday.

Covered in Dust

I would love to, but it looks like Father's Day is the soonest I could break free.

MattW

Ok, didn't make it yesterday.

TAG:

IMAG0618.jpg

IMAG0619.jpg

This Tag is close to the one I posted a year ago.....or so.

The path turned into a paved one for quite a while..after starting and ending in dirt.

Cheers.

Looks like Lake Morena, is it?

Covered in Dust

I would love to, but it looks like Father's Day is the soonest I could break free.

MattW

I'll be down by Cabo fishing on fathers day. I think I'll go pick up the tag today. Maybe we can get the

next tag on the big bikes.

Chris

I ride Farmers Road both ways pretty regularly and have never seen that sign. Where is it?

Its the Farmer Rd north of Wynola...... that dead ends into the preserve.

Capture.jpg

Looks like Lake Morena, is it?

Nope. It's not...

And wont say more, since CiD is on his way by now....

Check my 1st or 2nd Tag that I did, for the general area. D'ouh, I just said more.

Good luck.

Here is the Tag. I think it's called the Ranch House. It's 5 miles up Palomar Divide. The new tag is at the other end

of a Tag that was on here a couple of weeks ago by isde 97. In the early 70's I used to ride through here on my way

up to Ramona. There was a gate back then but it wasn't locked, and I was younger and a little less concerned about

gates back then.

The last pic is of me in my usual AGATT riding attire. It was a fun ride 57 miles from my house to the Tag and 135 mile

total ride in great weather. The only issue were all the bugs flying around I must have 50 moths stuck to my shirt and

the flies at the Tag were so bad I couldn't stay there for more than a couple of minutes.

Covered in Moths

PS the moths that were hitting me were by Lake Henshaw, not the endangered butterflies from up on Palomar Divide.

post-13540-049927000 1339107377_thumb.jp

post-13540-005512700 1339107412_thumb.jp

post-13540-099867000 1339107435_thumb.jp

post-13540-042094100 1339107454_thumb.jp

I have known it as the Ware Mine, but I guess it is more properly known as the Mountain Lily Mine

http://www.mindat.org/loc-3557.html

It sounds like it has been getting some attention recently.

Considering some of the low margin crap mined in inhospitable locations in Southern California, a gem mine on a mountaintop sounds a lot more appealing.

OK I forgot how lazy motorcycle riders can be :rolleyes: So here is a little help. The picture is the north entrance to Rancho Guejito. You

can get to it a little ways past the shooting range in Valley Center. I can draw a map if someone wants to find it.

Covered in Rust

post-13540-096377500 1340241516_thumb.jp

...snip...

Covered in Moths/Rust

7+21=28.... of June.

New TAG:

Another locked gate.

IMAG0654.jpg

I love my finger.... So its in the shot, again.

Other side of gate...

IMAG0653.jpg

On your way up to the TAG,about 3480ish ft... You'll see this structure. -this was on the way down.

IMAG0658.jpg

This valley might be familiar to some of you...

IMAG0648.jpg

Apparently, @ some point, it did get way too hot here for the fauna :torch: flora.. :( .

IMAG0655.jpg

IMAG0652.jpg

Hint: There is a lake SoUTH-east of there,

And, I was trying to get from the 78 to the 76.... Off pavement.

Good luck. Dan

Also, a Huge hint..

If you'll join Crawdaddy on his loop tomorrow, your almost there. ... It's a dead end, so it's not directly ON it.

Cheers.

Darn, I was just there! Too busy sliding my supermoto wheels around to take pics.

It's been a long time since anyone posted here. It was such a beautiful day and with the wife busy I had a golden opportunity to take the 950 out for a spin. The more I ride this bike the better I like it. I really feel the Midas touch when on the SE.

Covered in Oro

post-13540-088674800 1379806990_thumb.jp

To play the game you need to post a picture of your bike in the same place. Then post a new picture in a different location for someone else to find. With a few clues if needed.

CiD

Here's the pic:

DSCF0839_zps6b4b86b1.jpg

This pic sure isn't my best, but the view is amazing nonetheless. San Diego, Palomar Mountain, De Luz hills, and the ocean are all visible from same place. It's 6.2 miles (as the crow flies) from the last spot.

DSCF0800_zps3f58c273.jpg

DSCF0825_zps6a17fa1e.jpg