Sign in to follow this  
racerbill

Tecate Enduro Fun Ride

Line 30 Wins The Tecate Enduro !!!!!! Sorta, we raced for finishers pins and scored 4 for 4. Our line of 60+ riders finished well with just a little bleeding and bruising. Conditions for us were close to perfect as it was cool and 116 riders in front of us churned up the dampness still in the soil so it was almost dustless The Los Ancianos club did a great job with the course. It was mostly very tight, twisty, single track with good challenging special test sections. At 30 miles a loop it was easier for us old guys to finish but a good 10 miles shorter per loop than previous Tecates. I'd say I can't wait for the next one but the club promised this would be the last one and I hope they stick to that.

good job Bill and crew, you guys rock!!, our masters (Tim) class guy also finished, as did all of our other 3 loop riders

it was a good show, well done,challenging, but the Enduro format did work well to get some breaks before sections.

Yes was a fun event, glad I went there and got to the finish OK. Was a bit dry and dusty for me by enjoyed it although spent much of the day let a bunch of fast guys in rows behind me past including national enduro champ Charlie Mullins out for first time on 350 KTM, even had a chance to pass him on one test as he fell off just after shooting passed me, could have been a moment of fame but decided to wait and let him get up instead of getting in his way again 10 seconds later. 3rd loop I enjoyed most, I rode bad on first 2 and came it together bit more after lunch as was bit rougher, and probably as could see the end in sight. Look forward to racing there again as HS or enduro, especially with a bit more moisture, although not the wait to get back through border crossing in Tecate, that took longer than the rest of journey.

DJ,

Glad you checked in! Good to hear all is good. Its fun to ride "with" the big dogs, they are fast beyond belief. Bobbit caught us in every section and never looked like he was even exerting any energy.

I got worked near the end of the L3 (on last years HS course) in that last side hill into the rocky canyon section @75 mile zone, lost my rear brake on the downhills and was using way too front and alot of clutch/gear braking to compensate, just wore me out, luckily that remainder was out in the flats, brake came back and finished feeling good.

Dai, so you know alot of that L3 area within close miles of finish was the exact route of last years HS "pro race" long course see my brackets above.Hope to see that trail again its a great section.RN

DJ,

Glad you checked in! Good to hear all is good. Its fun to ride "with" the big dogs, they are fast beyond belief. Bobbit caught us in every section and never looked like he was even exerting any energy.

I got worked near the end of the L3 (on last years HS course) in that last side hill into the rocky canyon section @75 mile zone, lost my rear brake on the downhills and was using way too front and alot of clutch/gear braking to compensate, just wore me out, luckily that remainder was out in the flats, brake came back and finished feeling good.

Dai, so you know alot of that L3 area within close miles of finish was the exact route of last years HS "pro race" long course see my brackets above.Hope to see that trail again its a great section.RN

Robert,

I would not have liked to have ridden that last test without rear brake even on your 450 with some engine braking, must have been hairy, did well to get to the finish.

Good to know about the L3 bit being much of HS course, I thought I recognised some bits from watching a couple of vids from last years HS.

Meant to look you up but by time I had signed up friday it was dark then after race I was beat so left to get home, have to catch up with somewhere for a ride, I am lucky so mainly ride during the week and try and avoid the madness at weekends as have had too many close calls but up for anything.

And seeing your comments and vids of tractor race in that area I think I have to do that ina few months unless it clashes with something else I have already setup, looks awesome, and with it being wetter will certainly suit me better.

Cool stuff. :coolio: It's nice to know that you guys have the chops to go out and compete in an event like that one. :bb:

Bill I will tooot your horn, here---

http://www.cyclenews.com/articles/off-road/2010/12/09/results-are-in-garrision-wins-tecate-enduro

see racer Bill's CN feature!! Good ride man!! Its been a number of years since I have ridden with you last time was me with my KTM250EXC (1998 model!!)up at Corral Canyon. Glad to see you still rippin'!!

Great job Bill, guess you are liking your 2011 300.

I rode a 250 KTM since 99 and I think you can go faster on one, that said, the 300 makes it easier. This bike, the 2011 300, was completely stock except for some suspension revalving. I sold the 525 and a 400, don't need them, this bike does everything- easier. Congratulations on your finish.

Bill I will tooot your horn, here---

http://www.cyclenews.com/articles/off-road/2010/12/09/results-are-in-garrision-wins-tecate-enduro

see racer Bill's CN feature!! Good ride man!! Its been a number of years since I have ridden with you last time was me with my KTM250EXC (1998 model!!)up at Corral Canyon. Glad to see you still rippin'!!

Way to go RacerBill! Good to see you livin' up to your name.

Way to go RacerBill! Good to see you livin' up to your name.

Racerbill, as my moniker, came about while trying to get into KTM talk and all the combinations of KTM and Bill etc were taken and I ran out of patience and ideas. I was trying to beat those snot-nosed super seniors at the Tecate but it turned out some of those guys are really fast.