Rain

Snow

Ice

Beautiful perfect weather

Flat tire

Damn freezing wind

cropped-0690.jpg

cropped-0681.jpg

Now would be an excellent time for others to begin their ride reports- let's hear them!

About that rocket fuel: Here's a story from the LA times. When we got to the Motel 6 the staff didn't tell us about the water so Wayne drank it and I showered in it. Neither of us really care because when you're Old and Older, rocket fuel sounds intriguing for what ails ya. It makes sh!t fly, doesn't it? Well, gimme some of dat!

I'll post some of our photos shortly. As a preview, if for nothing else this trip was worth finding where I left my dinghy. I'd say "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas," but I wasn't in Vegas...

post-1009-075301400 1290445246_thumb.jpg

I love the picture of you all. Chris and Roger are grinning like they are up to no good. Can't wait to hear the tales.

Someone has to make those guys look good :)

That's it! next year I ride with the fast guys(if they will wait for me...) :rolleyes: more pics to come

Great Weekend!!!! - Thanks so much Crawdaddy for organizing everything!! The first post pretty well sums it all up but here are some pictures I took to add some visuals. Unfortunately, I didn't capture but a fraction of the whole event. Saturday, I was too busy surviving to take the camera out much (more on that to follow) and Sunday I was diggin the ride way too much to stop and take many pictures... So here is what I have,,,,

Saturday - took the ADV route from Barstow to Baker and this was a LONG 80 miles for me. Apparently my PitCrew over filled my tires and then, with the altitute, they decided to self inflate another 3 lbs. So instead of running 12 lbs I was running 18!!! Needless to say, I fought that bike for 80 miles and was pretty well toast by the time it dawned on me that maybe it was the bike and not me riding like a total noob.... Here are a few pictures from the powerline road....

DSC00085.jpg

While this road was not technically challenging it did claim it's share of victims. I believe this was the first flat tire of the trip (we passed another on the way back to Barstow on Sunday)

DSC00083.jpg

Waiting patiently - and looking oh so pretty doing it....

DSC00087.jpg

Wayne came back to find out what happened to everyone while Zina was off "shopping for boats".

DSC00088.jpg

We stopped for a short break in Baker and then it was off to the Mojave Road "proper". Of course, we had to stop for a photo op at the "MailBox"....

DSC00089.jpg

DSC00092.jpg

DSC00093.jpg

Sunday - Right back at it first thing in the morning. The hotel was very accomodating and provided private parking in the covered structure....

DSC00094.jpg

DSC00096.jpg

DSC00097.jpg

After Christmas Tree Pass, we headed over to see Fort Piute...

DSC00100.jpg

DSC00099.jpg

DSC00102.jpg

This was a very poignant point of interest for PitCrew (a modern day "mail rider") - he definitely fulfilled his postal creed later in the day (through rain, sleet, and snow...)

DSC00109.jpg

Notice how nice the weather is for us today......

DSC00098.jpg

Well, except for the rain, hail, and snow.....

DSC00110.jpg

Luckily, on the other side of this mountain pass, the sun was shining and we were back on our merry way....

Outstanding reporting so far. Keep it coming! smiley2eatingpopcorn.gif

Glad somebody got pic of the snow. I was beginning to think it was a figment of my imagination :wacko:

Glad somebody got pic of the snow. I was beginning to think it was a figment of my imagination :wacko:

We know from Bar10 that Zoot, snow and GPSs don't seem to work well together in the snow! :torch: Glad to see you made it out alive! :lol:

Well it was a humbling experience to say the least :unsure: , but still a great time :heh: ! THANKS everybody for your rescuing helppost-13818-046036400 1290531192_thumb.jp

Rescuing? Do tell!

It was a ride of firsts; first desert ride, first big group ride, first GPS tracks ride, and it was great fun!

Thanks to Chris for putting up with the all of us to make for a very fun first ride. My goal was to get a ride on the Mojave Road and although my knee(hyperextended thing, mostly ignored) cut that a bit short, I still gained a new appreciation for deep desert sand, riding long distances, and how people work together to have fun in the desert.

Pics are available at: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=35325&id=100000636561067&saved

Here are a few for fun

DirtDiva, Warrior, rider, Adventurer P1000033

Come on guys, where's my MaryKay truck?http://www.flickr.com/photos/56179916@N03/5202040491/in/photostream/

Zina Been There Done Thathttp://www.flickr.com/photos/56179916@N03/5202055791/in/photostream/

Mainblockhead and Jimbob back at Motel6. We'll keep the light on P1000071

I didn’t take any pictures to share, however I saw about 19 other cameras clicking away, so there should be plenty of pictures of the adventure. Thanks to Chris for (once again) laying out an excellent ride for us. A huge success for SDAR and C.O.R.E. (I think that stands for Crawdaddy’s Orthopedic Recovery Experience or something like that :heh: ).

Saturday morning started off without a hitch, until 10 minutes into the ride on the outskirts of Barstow, I realized that I had not locked the truck in the motel 6 parking lot :blush: . Somehow the group was entertained enough (perhaps by Fakey’s singing) to still be waiting for me when I returned. Our group consisted of Fake… oops, Paul, Zoot, Kkug, Tlking, and myself, until the lunch break at Baker, then we joined Crawdaddy and Strega for the rest of the ride. It was an excellent riding group with minimal problems and a similar riding pace.

It was so cool to have our own cordoned off parking area in the parking garage in Laughlin, and it was nice of the folks at Motel 6 to allow us to leave our vehicles in Barstow for the weekend.

There were many interesting experiences and wonderful sights on this trip but, the highlight of the trip for me was, when we stopped before the snow storm to put on our rain gear. Strega had this new plastic poncho all folded up in it's little pouch. It probably took him 10 minutes to put it on and get his radio cables threaded through and water hose just right. Then, not 10 seconds after he donned it and started riding toward the snow storm, his poncho caught some air and exploded into a shower of small plastic bits I thought I was going to pee myself, I don’t remember when I have laughed so hard.

Is snow drawn to SDAR rides? IT'S AN ADVENTURE RIDE!!! Yeah, I know.

Zoot, did you bring some kind of a jacket this time? Rain gear? You are one tough dude. Remembering Bar10 "snow mountain" without a jacket, in snow, rain, hail, 32 degrees. Good times.

Is snow drawn to SDAR rides? IT'S AN ADVENTURE RIDE!!! Yeah, I know.

Zoot, did you bring some kind of a jacket this time? Rain gear? You are one tough dude. Remembering Bar10 "snow mountain" without a jacket, in snow, rain, hail, 32 degrees. Good times.

Jacket, gloves, hand warmers and the trusty 88 cent poncho FTW :)

. Strega had this new plastic poncho all folded up in it's little pouch. It probably took him 10 minutes to put it on and get his radio cables threaded through and water hose just right. Then, not 10 seconds after he donned it and started riding toward the snow storm, his poncho caught some air and exploded into a shower of small plastic bits I thought I was going to pee myself, I don’t remember when I have laughed so hard.

It was epic.! :heh:

~800+ miles on the ODO thus far - lot's of pics to share when I return - productive C.O.R.E scouting for new trails - off to join final leg of LA-B-V tomorrow - I'll be riding up to Vegas via Eastern half of Mojave Rd., Primm, Red Rock Canyon....then back to Bullhead City on Sunday

~800+ miles on the ODO thus far - lot's of pics to share when I return - productive C.O.R.E scouting for new trails - off to join final leg of LA-B-V tomorrow - I'll be riding up to Vegas via Eastern half of Mojave Rd., Primm, Red Rock Canyon....then back to Bullhead City on Sunday

Time to roll - http://www.CrawdadRacing.info

Time to roll - http://www.CrawdadRacing.info

Finished in Vegas with Gil at ~3pm - dusting of snow in Red Rock Canyon but nothing significant - fun day/big day - 1009 miles on the ODO - at LA-B-V banquet now at The Orleans - back to Bullhead City tomorrow