dirt dame

Secret Legit trail again 11/09/10

At around 8:05 AM yesterday morning, I could hear the last of the water gurgling out of the pipes in the walls of my house and knew that VID would be working on the local water system for the bulk of the day. I am a big fan of modern plumbing in the house, so now was the time to leave the house and find other activities to keep me distracted and happy until the plumbing was restored. I just couldn't make up my mind whether to go fishing or trail riding. Trail riding is almost always a winning proposition, whereas a fishing excursion can end up nothing more than a hapless exercise in thumb twiddling if the fish aren't in the mood to play along. <_<

Fishing license draped around my neck and Bailey The KLX perched on the backside of the Jeep, I was now ready for anything (Fun) as I drove up to Lake Hemet. This was a perfect place to end up for the day. Fishing is free from the north shore of the lake on National Forest land, and trails are close by.

Fishin' stuff on the shoreline.

100_1200.jpg

I spent a couple of fishless hours braving the cold wind on the north shore, before my hands went numb and I'd had enough.

100_1201.jpg

It was time to go for a ride and get the blood circulating again. So I pulled ol' Bailey down and fired the machine up. I know I just posted pictures from this trail area last week, so I hope you won't be too bored if I post some more. Myself....I don't think I will get too tire of this area any time soon.

Not just "No trespassing", but "NowayJosegetlostabsolutelydon'tstickyourbuttortoeoverheretresspassing".

100_1203.jpg

I always know when I arrive at a place I won't be visiting.

100_1204.jpg

But it doesn't matter, because I have plenty of nice places to visit anyway.

100_1205.jpg

100_1206.jpg

100_1207.jpg

100_1208.jpg

And it is all "gently used".

100_1209.jpg

100_1210.jpg

100_1211.jpg

There's even a creek or two up there.

100_1212.jpg

100_1213.jpg

I thought this was cool looking rock....or is it a piece of petrified wood?

100_1214.jpg

The area definitely has a lot of "potential". :coolio:

100_1215.jpg

100_1216.jpg

100_1217.jpg^_^

Wow! A much better use of time than hanging at Starbucks while the pipes heal :o

At around 8:05 AM yesterday morning, I could hear the last of the water gurgling out of the pipes

Did not know where you were going with that for a second. Glad you had fun!

Hey Mimi,

I saw you passing me in the opposite direction on 79 as I was on my way home yesterday. I figured you were up in that area.

I wish I could join you for those rides since it is so close to me. Darn it. Let me know if you go up on a weekend some time or a Friday (just not this Friday). I would love to go with.

Beautiful pix as usual.

Well done photo session Mimi. Any general hint to area of riding?

I love the gently used part of the ride.

Well done photo session Mimi. Any general hint to area of riding?

I love the gently used part of the ride.

If you go back to last weeks midweek ride, there are some hints there.

And there are some hints here in this post.

If you need more hints, you'll just have to PM me. I want to keep this gem gently used. ;)

Looks like fun; fishing and riding! Good to know fishing is free on the north end of the lake. I might have to check that area out. Is fishing from the shore there a practice of thumb twiddling more often than not?

Great pictures, would much rather be out there than locked up in this office!

Looks like fun; fishing and riding! Good to know fishing is free on the north end of the lake. I might have to check that area out. Is fishing from the shore there a practice of thumb twiddling more often than not?

Great pictures, would much rather be out there than locked up in this office!

I have only fished there once, but I have heard that the trout fishing can be pretty productive there. If you go, be sure to have your adventure pass displayed when you park.

Thanks for the compliment on the pictures. As long as I don't have an office to be locked up in for some wages, I may as well be out getting shots of scenic surroundings. :rolleyes: