Bagstr

62Csx

Hi gang,

Have any of you see the screen on the New Garmin 62Csx?? New technology.

Reviews say the menus are better. Buttons larger, bla, bla etc.

My biggest issue with the 60C is the difficulty seeing the screen " On the Move ".

I also wonder if the auto zoom is improved in City Navigator.

Christmas is on it's way.

Have you looked at the 78? The 62 uses the usb port for external power. Two issues. One it requires 5 volts regulated and secondly uses a mini usb plug without any provision to hold it in place. Some have questioned whether this is a good solution for a dirt bike. The 78 on the other hand uses the standard Garmin 4 pin round plug and can be connected directly to the bikes 12 volt system. Both share the same features and displays. Neither the 62 nor the 78 will fit in the existing 60/76 mounts.

Checked out the 62Csx this week at REI:

Screen is much better in terms of viewing angle and glare.

Software is totally " new and improved " Response to inputs is much faster.

Unclear as to whether the loaded 100,000 scale Topo files are updated vs the older CD Files.

Power via USB, which is fine by me because there is a cigarette power cord avaiable that can be adapted to bike power.

As far as I see, no one is making a RAM cradle today.

$$$

Hi gang,

Have any of you see the screen on the New Garmin 62Csx?? New technology.

Reviews say the menus are better. Buttons larger, bla, bla etc.

My biggest issue with the 60C is the difficulty seeing the screen " On the Move ".

I also wonder if the auto zoom is improved in City Navigator.

Christmas is on it's way.

Yes sir.... Dad bought one, and needed some assistance in how to upload digital imagery before his hunting trip.

I'm a 60CSx user, and have been since it came out. Used the Magellan SportTrack before that, and Magellan 410 before that one. So I've been around mapping portables for awhile.

The screen and use of it is pretty much standard Garmin, and similar to the 60 series. The software, is not. Mapsource is not the program to use if your going to be doing any digital imagery and the ONLY reason I'd buy a costly 62 series. If you don't already have a GPS... the 62 is a nice unit. If you already have a 60, then the 62 is a waiste of money unless you NEED digital imagery (IMHO).

I don't like the menus... it'll take some getting used to I guess. But I don't need to get used to it, since I don't own it personally. rolleyes.gif

I didn't do any navigating, so I can't answer your question there.

If your new to GPS, you could also check out the DeLorme PN-60W w/SPOT ($369 at REI) and it does Digital Imagery, and can upload GPX (Garmin can use GPX as well).

Looks like your 60CSX married to Google Earth; satellite views on topography instead of topo map type of view. Asking: would this be easier to navigate by while on the fly?

link: http://sites.garmin....ap62/index.html

It's harder to navigate from the seat of the bike.

... too much going on in the display, and makes some roads/trails harder to see. It's easier to simply shut off the satellite view and ride with the base map, or topo or city nav.