All you need to know about Adventure Pass is on the Cleveland National Forest website.

Here it explains where you need the passes in High Impact Recreation Areas....

Not all of us may agree with the fees, but it has become mandatory and is no longer a fee demonstration program.

Quoted from Honda Pilot, from another forum..........

I found out from a CHP officer that pulled me over in the Angeles Forest when I only had a temporary registration window sticker and no plates on my car. "We get a lot of dumped vehicles out here so we have to check out anything suspicious, says he." If you leave your vehicle in certain areas overnight without the correct pass, it may not be there when you return. For day trips, like Pine valley just off the interstate, I wouldn't worry about it.

Just spent 15 minutes at the National Forest Website and after reading through all their threats of citations for non-compliance you come to the bottom of the Q&A page where I pulled this quote;

The Recreation Fee Demonstration Program is testing the willingness of those individuals who derive direct benefit from the forest to invest in their chosen activity, rather than asking all taxpayers--even those who would never visit a National Forest--to pay more.

It is easy to toss 5 bucks toward maintaining your favorite recreation area when you're out there using it. I just don't believe in paying twice to use my land. Additionally, there are dozens of government programs I'll never use that I continue to PAY MORE for. I thikn this is another reason why we should vote in every election.

--------------------------------

HondaPilot, can you send link to the page you were reading, where you pulled the quote:

"Just spent 15 minutes at the National Forest Website and after reading through all their threats of citations for non-compliance you come to the bottom of the Q&A page where I pulled this quote;

The Recreation Fee Demonstration Program is testing the willingness of those individuals who derive direct benefit from the forest to invest in their chosen activity, rather than asking all taxpayers--even those who would never visit a National Forest--to pay more."

Thanks,