Crawdaddy

60CSx on sale at Costco online for $199

Speaking as one of the peeps that helped load and explain GPS tracks for last year's Desert Dash... If you don't have one of these, BUY ONE NOW! ;)

Well that didnt take long....

They are sold out!

Any other deals out there on the 60 or 76 csx?

Spyder

Well that didnt take long....

They are sold out!

Any other deals out there on the 60 or 76 csx?

Spyder

Costco has them again.....

60 csx

OK- forgive my GPS ignorance... Would I be able to take tracks from someone, load them into this device, and navigate my way on the trail - or does it just record where I have been??? Is there any additional software needed, like additional maps etc??? I know - duh, for an IT person, I'm GPS challenged....

OK- forgive my GPS ignorance... Would I be able to take tracks from someone, load them into this device, and navigate my way on the trail - or does it just record where I have been??? Is there any additional software needed, like additional maps etc??? I know - duh, for an IT person, I'm GPS challenged....

Yes....buy one, learn how to use it. It does a heck of a lot. But never leave home without a good map. Never know when a solar flare will wipe out the satelites. It also helps to have a good overview of where you are.

DD,

The 60Csx -

Makes Tracks, accepts Tracks. Obviously you can follow Tracks once they are in your machine.

Additional Software is needed and a Major expense.

City Navigator $100 - Produces turn by turn prompts directing you along the way.

Topo Maps $100 - Provides elevation information as well as routes ( some not included in CN )

If I had to choose one or the other and did not use the unit on pavement, I would choose Topo.

But.. you give up the ability to locate gas, stores, lodging which could be a big deal in some situations.

City Nav is a big help travelling in the car to new states, etc.

Topo and CN are avail at discount

The 60Csx is considered a Hiking unit by Garmin. Many of there other units don't do Tracks and Back Track.

People correct me if I am wrong.

Bite the bullet, you will never go back to the Non-GPS world.

For those a little more fiscally challenged, I find the Southwest USA or the California Topo maps located on gpsfiledepot.com for FREE to be great! Some extreme detail, and it has most of the roads and trails we normally ride. Can't compare them to the Garmin Topo products, as I have never bought any extra software from Garmin, only used what I could get for free. :thumbsup_anim:

Additional Software is needed and a Major expense.

City Navigator $100 - Produces turn by turn prompts directing you along the way.

Topo Maps $100 - Provides elevation information as well as routes ( some not included in CN )

If I had to choose one or the other and did not use the unit on pavement, I would choose Topo.

But.. you give up the ability to locate gas, stores, lodging which could be a big deal in some situations.

City Nav is a big help travelling in the car to new states, etc.

Topo and CN are avail at discount

I just ordered mine online through Costco. Now all I need is a RAM mount and to figure out how to use it.

... deals all over on the 60CSx.

REI - $219.95

AMAZON - $199.99 (w/free shipping if your a PRIME member)

CABELAS - $199.99

COSTCO - $199.99 (when available)

And for all uses, that GPS just kicks ass. I mean, seriously... what a great GPS for such little price.

... buy a 2Gb card for it for $6, and load all of the USA and more maps. DONE!

I just noticed that the 60CSx is on sale at Sport Chalet (I'm not sure if it's only on the website, or in stores too) for $129.96

That's a great deal!!!!

Sport Chalet Link

Wow, great price on 60CSx/topo...............I went ahead and bought the topo since mine is so old/out of date.......tempted to buy another 60 (but I already have two :wacko::lol: )

I already have a 60csx but ordered another one as a spare since they are so cheap.

Garmin Topo isn't worth $30 in my opinion but maybe thats just me..

The way I keep breaking antenna's I think I'll order a spare also.

And after I take my ham test on Saturday I might even be able to legally use them.

Covered in Dust

Rxr, Noob here..... been using my 60csx for a while hiking, snowshoeing.... never wanted to drop $100 on the topo, why do you think its not worth $30 ? Have you had a bad experience with yours ? Ive never loaded trax on it or used it riding before.

Rxr, Noob here..... been using my 60csx for a while hiking, snowshoeing.... never wanted to drop $100 on the topo, why do you think its not worth $30 ? Have you had a bad experience with yours ? Ive never loaded trax on it or used it riding before.

Sorry I should have put more detail on that statement. I keep an update copy of City Navigator and have found that there are more dirt roads on it than on the Topo maps (or at least the version I had at the time). If you are looking to use the Topo maps for other purposes then $30 is a steal.