Joliet

How to delete a post?

Is there a way to delete a post? I have gone in and edited a couple, but I just went in to delete one of mine and I couldn't. I still havn't got the quote thing down yet, and don't get me started on trying to insert a link. Ken

Is there a way to delete a post?

Only moderators can delete posts. If you want your own post deleted, please PM one of the moderators for that forum specifying which post to delete and reason for deletion. Try to use one of the other moderators besides me, I spend a lot of time validating & approving new members, deleting spammers, answering questions, etc.

I still havn't got the quote thing down yet

It's really quite simple.....this should explain it, read the response from Brett, who explains more.

and don't get me started on trying to insert a link

Inserting a link........copy the link you want to insert, from your address bar, when you're ready to insert it in your post, click on the icon above that looks like the world (next to the envelope), a window will pop up and you paste the link address into that window, then another window will ask what you want it to say in your post....for instance, if your pasting a link to your own website, after you paste the link in the window, then it asks what you want to call it....you type in "my website", and that is what will appear in your post.

If anyone wants to take the time to explain how to do some of the basic operations of posting, please feel free to ad posts here.

Inserting a link........copy the link you want to insert, from your address bar, when you're ready to insert it in your post, click on the icon above that looks like the world (next to the envelope), a window will pop up and you paste the link address into that window, then another window will ask what you want it to say in your post....for instance, if your pasting a link to your own website, after you paste the link in the window, then it asks what you want to call it....you type in "my website", and that is what will appear in your post.

Another way to insert link........when you are typing your post, you may highlight the words where you want to insert a link....for instance, if you're inserting a link to the AMA.....

"Hi, here is the website for the AMA".....you would highlight "AMA", then you click on the "world" symbol up above, then paste or type the link in the window. With this process, another window will not pop up asking what you want it to say, since you already highlighted the words that describe the link.

Hope this makes sense.