Hayseed

Another New Guy

Hi,

I'm just another 49 year-old guy who is desperately trying to retain some connection to my misspent youth.

I'm a San Diego native, my first bike arrived Christmas 1973, a Suzuki TS 100. I was 13. Bikes to follow were: Kawi 175, YZ 125, RM 250, Montesa Trials, Kawi KT 250, XR 600 and some street bikes. I sold the XR in 94. Yah, that's a while ago!

My sons (10 and 12) recently became interested in riding so I purchased a couple of bikes for them last year. They have remained interested, and my wife suggested that I should get a bike so that the three of us could ride together. She didn't have to tell me twice.

I lurked here for awhile after I bought a KTM 530 EXCR. I just registered here and participated in a ride with some SDAR members on Oct 3rd. A really nice group of riders. I had a blast.

See you out there.

Mike

welcome!

yes; most of SDAR people are great to ride with... good you found some of those!

Enjoying nature with kids on dirtbikes is a great past-time

see you on a ride... don't listen to fake name

Hey - you finally joined - hope I didn't shame you into it (I guess I can't call you "Lurker Mike" anymore ;)) Welcome! Look forward to riding with you again soon!

Hey Mike welcome, what part of SD are you in? You grew up in San Diego at a great time if you rode as a teen. I now have a KT 250 also.

Kelly

Welcome Mike....Another 49 year old here too. Not a native, but been here a long time (22 years). I'm just getting to know the SDAR group and they seem really nice.

I'm working it the other way. My 11 year old is interested in riding, so I got the DRZ to check it out first, find places to ride, meet people, etc.. Been dirt riding for a few months now. Loving it. He's really putting on the full court press to get a bike. What did you get you son's? I've been looking, but not sure what to get him to ride. He rides BMX now and is a great jumper and likes the speed of the track. I'm sure he will catch on quick (be out ridin' me quickly I'm sure).

Welcome Hayseed...you will like it here....and you will learn to tolerate me....i hope :blush:

BTW the other kelly is the GOOD kelly.... :(

welcome aboard, and i hope to see you on a ride soon

welcome to the family...i see you have met some of them, and darn it all if they aren't great people!!

looking to the upcoming season with all the new members, looking like a SDAR season in 2011!

B)

49...? Just a kid. I'm 49 1/2....! :lol:

Welcome aboard...glad u got to ride with some folks already...plenty more riding ahead as the cool season approaches. Lookin' forward to a ride.

The Good Ken :angel: will prolly chime in....but for now you have me.

Hey Mike welcome, what part of SD are you in? You grew up in San Diego at a great time if you rode as a teen. I now have a KT 250 also.

Kelly

Current Ramona resident, grew up in Clairemont, used to ride at the "Flats", just west of Convoy, at Miramar and Ocotillo Wells.

Welcome Mike....Another 49 year old here too. Not a native, but been here a long time (22 years). I'm just getting to know the SDAR group and they seem really nice.

I'm working it the other way. My 11 year old is interested in riding, so I got the DRZ to check it out first, find places to ride, meet people, etc.. Been dirt riding for a few months now. Loving it. He's really putting on the full court press to get a bike. What did you get you son's? I've been looking, but not sure what to get him to ride. He rides BMX now and is a great jumper and likes the speed of the track. I'm sure he will catch on quick (be out ridin' me quickly I'm sure).

10 year-old has just about outgrown the XR 70, the 12 year-old just got a TTR 125 Yamaha. The TTR is the little wheel model, (14" and 16" rim sizes) The Honda has been passed down through at least 4 kids, The Yamaha only once. No gripes with either so far.

Kelly

Current Ramona resident, grew up in Clairemont, used to ride at the "Flats", just west of Convoy, at Miramar and Ocotillo Wells.

Ya right the Flats was great, and some good riders rode there like Smith and Croft. Did my first race at Miramar with the AMC club. Did you ever get out to Black Mountain? that was my back yard. We were able to ride one block from our house down into the canyon and go forever, at 13yrs old that was the best.

Hi Mike --I see you got the registration squared away. Nice to see you last Sunday for the short version of the ride .

another Ken == the Kug

KKug, you shoulda hung in there mate! It only got funner and duster. Should have seen DirtDiva un-powdering her nose at the DQ! course, she led me pretty much anywhere's whe wanted to on the dirt.

Hey Mike,

I am 51 yrs. old SD native and rode San Clemente & Rose canyons, then Miramar as a teen. University City neighborhood. Clairemont High school. we had great riding with lots of open space.