KTMrad

Gnarly, Nasty, Difficult Trails - PHOTOS !

Like the boots Mimi! :)

Now, you know I still have a set that I wear that are somewhat like those. I saw that Metro Racing has them made in your favorite color.banana.gif

Glad I revived this thread........y'all posted some great photos !

Let's keep this thread going.....and going.....and going.....

that's badfish2 if I'm not mistaken... were's he been? I see him lurking on occasion but no riding

It is him (and you helping, of course), but I haven't seen him on a ride since then. He was at the 2nd Annual Troy Meadows Experience two years ago, but didn't do any riding at that time.

Rad- do we want to "sticky" this post at the top of ride reports?

Good Idea !

And just a reminder.........photos from YOUR trips only, not from other people's trips on other websites

Like the boots Mimi! :)

Whoa......you're messin' with the earth's orbit here. "Not a slave to motorcycle fashion" sig line followed by this comment?

I face Escondido and bow each sunrise, Don, and now it may have been in vain.....drat! :D

....and just so it's not a complete hijack.....dajudge on trail 1

DSCN3468.jpg

And then there was this day riding with Mimi and her friend Jeff........I was on the 950, I'm sure Mimi remembers the trail number.

How to turn an Adventure Bike around in a tight, narrow canyon........

And then there was this day riding with Mimi and her friend Jeff........I was on the 950, I'm sure Mimi remembers the trail number.

I'm pretty sure it's called trail#1 or Wrangler. The outside line is always the best, except for getting stuck in that little tree with the righthand grip when going up. :P

100_0864.jpg

:lol: That is the same rock from DaJudge post earlier- I'll bet that is a bear on a big bike

I'll bet that is a bear on a big bike

You're right, it's Rad. And he IS "a bear on a big bike"!

post-123-035960600 1281222659_thumb.jpg

post-123-019500300 1281222842_thumb.jpg

post-123-042797500 1281222855_thumb.jpg

steel rain on John Bull- this is not the hardest part of this trail

DSCN3510-1.jpg

and on Redonda Ridge

DSCN3533.jpg

K.C. Smith Baja GPS ride in 2002 on my YZ400F....that hill was steep....

BajaGPS2002.jpg

Ive got some great pics from crazy technical rides (on my 450).....but you guys on those GS1200s KTMs and other BIG adventure bikes really take the cake!!! Great posts!!! I wont even bother to post mine..you guys got me beat.

Ive got some great pics from crazy technical rides (on my 450).....but you guys on those GS1200s KTMs and other BIG adventure bikes really take the cake!!! Great posts!!! I wont even bother to post mine..you guys got me beat.

I call BS.. post up

I call BS.. post up

i love u 2..BS, does it need to be going up??? old but good jan07

CopiadeP1010075.jpg

CopiadeP1010061.jpg

Is kind of level but gnarley OK? tecate stream bed, many overheated machines in this section, very fun to watch.

hd09c.png

hd09b.png

You guys are true warriors to be attacking those aggressive trails with the large bikes.

My hat is off to all of you!

Robert; that's Lark, huh?

That's kind of a dicey trail either way... seen plenty of people biff on that

see; I knew you had some good ones

Robert; that's Lark, huh?

That's kind of a dicey trail either way... seen plenty of people biff on that

see; I knew you had some good ones

first 2 yes, second 2 from an "xtreme ride" near sta veronica. second 2 we got through the section and watched as follow on riders proceeded to steam away alot of coolant getting through the puzzle of rocks. on that ride there were some sick climbs and descents with pre ride warnings that i wish had some film footage of.

from tecate, mex it has a name (I forget it) and looks tame in the foto,,,but it just goes on on on up up up loose loose marbles and sharp rocks all the way. by 1/2 way your legs are burning but you have more and more difficult sections ahead. Been up and down it on various rides. Its memorable.

hd09av.png

more in sequence shots from the same ride the "trail" comes from over to the right as viewed, its from the uphill side coming down, and continues down the slab to an almost vert downhill into the valley.

hd09j.png

hd09k.png

hd09l.png