KTMrad

Gnarly, Nasty, Difficult Trails - PHOTOS !

Hey man your not supposed to spin trials tires......8psi and full grip...ha

"they do less damage to the trail" riiiiiiight. just messing with you klxdude btw. I know that silty hill, you really can't ride graciously up it.

robert, we had so much fun at mile of rocks we are going back for more this weekend. wanna come?

"they do less damage to the trail" riiiiiiight. just messing with you klxdude btw. I know that silty hill, you really can't ride graciously up it.

robert, we had so much fun at mile of rocks we are going back for more this weekend. wanna come?

To tell you the truth I was not that impressed with the trials tire on 3a. I was running 6psi and felt a knobby would have been just as good.

Brad thanks but I will SOB... (south of boarder) for a sat slugfest with 70 miles of rocks and (?).

and about the trial tire thing you guys know I was teasing.

as I have said before for technical stuff I still swear by the 140/80 size (for E2-E3 size bikes) FIM enduro rears at 9-11 psi they are like fat balloons. Taddy still uses them but his have extra slits on the knobs.

Brad thanks but I will SOB... (south of boarder) for a sat slugfest with 70 miles of rocks and (?).

and about the trial tire thing you guys know I was teasing.

as I have said before for technical stuff I still swear by the 140/80 size (for E2-E3 size bikes) FIM enduro rears at 9-11 psi they are like fat balloons. Taddy still uses them but his have extra slits on the knobs.

good luck in mex. I was half joking about mile of rocks. didn't think you wanted to go back again for a year or two.

klxguy, it looks like the trials tire was working pretty well here. I heard you rode it out like a real cowboy, nice. see you on the trails soon.

IMG_0977.jpg

dont know if this counts but it was a good hard one getting to here, mexico

sanvicente.jpg

im in the foreground with the translucent tank

obligatory corral canyon shot

img0702b.jpg

I was half joking about mile of rocks. didn't think you wanted to go back again for a year or two.

naah you know me I am masochist, push push push the envelope. I will for sure go back and ride up that thing and the other thing (rest area/not proud climb)as well, I am 2 for 2, just not fast and definitly not graceful at all!!

After last Sat I think that I re-like corral canyon and its tough stuff, and i was happy just in the 4 corners upper and lower camp triangle zone, lots of big rocks to go up and down, plus still not dry. As for the mile o rocks etc, I am happy that I recieved absolutly no outside assistance (remember the waterfalls) for any of the sections, with the exception of God and some water with energy bars to finish that event. Funny how for the pros its just another day at the races.....

I was half joking about mile of rocks. didn't think you wanted to go back again for a year or two.

naah you know me I am masochist, push push push the envelope. I will for sure go back and ride up that thing and the other thing (rest area/not proud climb)as well, I am 2 for 2, just not fast and definitly not graceful at all!!

After last Sat I think that I re-like corral canyon and its tough stuff, and i was happy just in the 4 corners upper and lower camp triangle zone, lots of big rocks to go up and down, plus still not dry. As for the mile o rocks etc, I am happy that I recieved absolutly no outside assistance (remember the waterfalls) for any of the sections, with the exception of God and some water with energy bars to finish that event. Funny how for the pros its just another day at the races.....

here is some more mile of rocks footage.

natinal h&h rnd 3 2011

Inspired by the trail 7 video at corral... decided to try it out. Went up x2 it is a pretty gnarly trail!

OK here is some video from trail 3a shot today.

KLGUY: lower part of 3a

This was pretty ugly...

KLXGUY:oops I guess I missed the head... up 3

IMG_1029.jpg

JBW:3a rock step

IMG_1023.jpg

nice pics and video. looks like klxdude might benefit from a shark fin on his rear disk in the late notice pic. Keep pushing the limits guys, you will be ready for erzburg soon :smile_anim: Do it like Taddy. :smile_anim:

Those kind of trails is why it sucks to be 5'1" when off roading. I don't even attempt that kind of stuff. If I stop, I fall down. Last time I was on trails like that, I spent more time getting up than riding.

I don't even attempt that kind of stuff. If I stop, I fall down. Last time I was on trails like that, I spent more time getting up than riding.

Same here. Only attempts are on a trials bike for me.

I figured that this could be described as a"Nasty" Photo! Lonny is attempting to ride Jonathan back to camp with a broken clavical. They made it about a half mile and decided to get a room!

IMG_2279.JPG

Pics from the "epic all in" ride at corral. All the trails done in one day... Including up 7, 3a, and ranger.

Sicvic up 3a

IMG_1905.jpg

IMG_1913.jpg

Klxguy up 3a

IMG_1895.jpg

IMG_1906.jpg

3a rocky climb

IMG_1916.jpg

This was a bit of a gnarly section on the Dual Dogs Seqouia Scenic Challenge I rode in June in the Kernville/Lake Isabella area.....

61012DualSportride033-L.jpg

61012DualSportride037-L.jpg

61012DualSportride038-L.jpg

61012DualSportride039-L.jpg

Here are some pictures from a trail I found out at Ocotillo Wells. We were checking out an area over by the rock quarry and found it.

Rocks1.jpg

Someone left some Red paint behind!

Rocks2.jpg

We are having fun now!

Rocks3.jpg

Upward look.

Rocks4.jpg

Good times keep coming!

Rocks5.jpg

I am over behind a bush in the shade passed out.

Rocks6.jpg

Looking over the area.

Rocks8.jpg

When we got to the end we thought is was over but the little road ended and we ended up on this plateu. We found a way down that was almost as much fun!

gnarly trail there crashman... is that V dog in the pic?

It is Vaudois and Blain in the picture. If you look real hard you can just make me out lying behind the Orange bike next to the bush!

Guest The Mad Thumper

Not a single photo but video of my first attempt to ride up Trail #7 at Corral Canyon yesterday, definately gnarly and a couple of falls and many stops, thankfull for electric start.

Remind me NEVER to buy a used dirt bike from you! Jeez!!

I'm so glad for POV cameras. Now I don't have to ride in an area like that to experience it.

How did you manage to not use the "MF" word and "GD MF," every other breath? Where you being on your best behavior because there was a Mic?

Great pictures. Looks like I need to make some more trips down to CC. I have not been there in over a year.